VA Number: 2015-01
Application Deadline: 20 December 2015 at 5:00 pm
The World Food Programme (WFP), the Food Aid Organization of the United Nations, is seeking applications from Cambodian nationals to fill the following positions:
|Position title: Finance Assistant
Number of position: One
Type of Contract: WFP Service Contract
|Grade: WFP Range III/SC5
Duration: 6 months, extendable
Duty Station: WFP Western Area Office, Siem Reap
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Head of Area Office (HAO), and the technical guidance of the Head of Admin/Finance in the Country Office, the Finance Assistant will undertake the following tasks.
• Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
• Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
• Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
• Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct analysis of general ledger accounts.
• Prepare and submit monthly financial report to WFP Country Office.
• Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
• Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
• Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
• Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged.
• Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of inventory, fixed assets, trip documents, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
• Manage office premise, vehicles and staff travel.
• Draft routine correspondence related to the unit’s work and type a variety of material such a correspondence, reports.
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible clerical work experience in general administrative work including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, audit, administrative services or other related field and at least one year at the G4 level or equivalent.
Applications along with a mandatory completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and a detailed CV with copy of education certificate should be delivered to the WFP Human Resources Unit, WFP Cambodia House 250, Road 63, Phnom Penh or e-mailed to Cambodia.Application@wfp.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The applications will not be returned. Women are encouraged to apply. Equally qualified female candidates will be given preference.
A detailed job description is available on request from the WFP reception/information desk or download from the link: https://goo.gl/E2LV42
Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.
The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiographical book, First They Killed My Father.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.