Community Legal Education Center (CLEC) is a Cambodian non-government a organization working on promoting the Rule of Law, Justice and Democracy by supporting the development of appropriate institutions of justice, enhancing public knowledge of and encouraging participation in the labor program, and advocating for fairness resolution of labor disputes to achieve justice, peace and social harmony for all Cambodians.
The CLEC currently is seeking a qualified Cambodia national candidate to work as a short-term finance officer in Finance Section. The consultancy service period is for 6.5 months starting from 15 June 2015 to 31 Dec 2015. S/he will perform the following tasks:
• Assist in posting daily expenses into computerized accounting system-QuickBooks.
• Maintain and prepare cash replenishment, collect bank statements and prepare bank reconciliations, reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare staff payroll and monthly tax on salary for tax filing in the absence of assigned staff.
• Assist inverifying Payment Vouchers in compliance with the accounting, procurement and CLEC policies and report to his/her direct supervisor.
• Check the calculation of receipts, invoices and supporting document and submit to Senior Finance Officer for final review before process the payment and Filing documents
• Support the program team on cash advance and settlement such as training, workshop, and cash transfer to provinces.
• Assist in preparing financial reports.
• Update staff provident Fund, staff ‘ s saving database
• Assist in preparation of documents and reports for external auditor and filing.
• Assist the Finance staffin any other task as requested by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’sdegreeinfinance/Banking and accounting
• Minimum 1 year experience in accounting/finance work, preferably in NGO context.
• Computer Skill (QuickBooks, minimum one year of experience and Microsoft Offices)
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, especially good teamwork spirit.
• Honest and trustworthy, hard-working and willing to learn.
• Be flexible with working hour.
• Be able to work under pressure, commitment to meet deadlines.
Please send CV, cover letter to e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5pm, Tuesday 5th June 2015
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and required for interview.
CLEC strives to achieve gender balance in the work place.
WOMEN AND PERSON WITH DISABILITY ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".