Financial controller (1post)
The financial controller position will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, it also includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team reporting to the Chairman.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
• Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
• Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
• Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
• Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
• Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
• Overseeing the Payroll process
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company finance staff.
• Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
• Report risk issues to the Chairman of the board
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Arrange for debt and equity financing
• Invest funds
• Maintain banking relationships
• Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
The Financial Controller should have a degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 3+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Foreign applications are encouraged.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
• Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
• Proficiency in Excel and Accounting Software package, Quick Book, Peach tree preferable.
• Expat only
• Visa multiple entry one year
• Salary is US$3,000 and above fringe benefits.
• 10% increase every year after evaluation
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please send resume with current photo to P.G.C.T Center, 2nd Floor, Street 274, Phnom Penh or e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Website; www.askapgold.com | Contact; 023 211 855 / 098 333 855
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".