The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Financial Specialist position in the Financial Management Office.
The incumbent reports to the Financial Management Officer (FMO) and serves as an advisor to the FMO and Management Officer, and assumes charge of the Financial Management Office in their absences. The jobholder directs Finance staff regarding the $18 million in managed funds across nine serviced agencies and over $8 million in non-service funds disbursed by the Finance team. S/he provides guidance and assistance in the preparation of all financial reports and other documents required by the Department of State or associated agencies represented at Post. S/he formally trains Finance staff in budget formulation, Financial Plan and Budget Execution, and accounts for the Financial Management Section. The jobholder directly supervisesthree employees, and indirectly four others.
Grade/Salary: - FSN-10; FP-5 (Steps 5 through 14)/USD 19,168– 29,711 annually (full-performance level)
- FSN-9; FP-5 (Steps 1 through 4)/USD 14,618– 22,652 annually (training level)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration is required.
2. Full-performance level : Seven years of progressive work experience with a minimum of five years in budget and financial management, and one year of supervisory experience are required.
Training level: Seven years of progressive work experience with a minimum of five years in budget and financial management is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Formulating, monitoring and reporting budgets skills are required.
5. Excellent administrative and analytical skills. Good interpersonal and supervisory skills, good attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, ability to articulate complex issues, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to effectively utilize computer and financial software.
The application deadline is October 14, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to RecruitmentPHP@state.gov using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiographical book, First They Killed My Father.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.