Supreme National Economic Council (SNEC)
The Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector under SNEC
Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension
Financial Specialist for the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector under SNEC
(12 months, renewable contract)
The Royal Government of Cambodia has received financing in the form of a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development and a grant from the Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme Trust Fund to support implementation of its Agriculture Services Programme for Innovation, Resilience and Extension (ASPIRE). Including Government funding, in total programme costs are forecast at USD 52.5 million over a seven-year implementation period. The lead Executing Agency for ASPIRE is the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. Supreme National Economic Council (SNEC) has established its Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector within the structure of ASPIRE. Therefore, SNEC requires services of a qualified and experienced Financial Specialist to provide assistant to the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Program Director and Program Manager.
A. Scope of Work
The Financial Specialist will be responsible for the following financial tasks:
1. Study and thoroughly understand the ASPIRE Programme Implementation Manual, particularly the sections on financial management and procurement. Also familiarize himself / herself with the Standard Operating Procedures manuals of MEF;
2. Assist the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Manager and Director to prepare AWPB for ASPIRE and to allocate the available financial resources;
3. Work with the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Finance Officer to manage the SNEC’s ASPIRE bank accounts and petty cash, prepare and execute payments and maintain full and correct financial records;
4. Assist the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Manager and Director to prepare the monthly, six-month and annual financial progress reports;
5. Assist the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Manager and Director to set, monitor and achieve performance targets based on the ASPIRE Performance Assessment system;
6. Assist the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Manager and Director to prepare/update Contract Register and fix assets;
7. Assist the Analytic Unit for the Agriculture Sector Manager and Director to ensure that financial records are properly filed and maintained. The Financial Specialist will facilitate the External Audit team to access to all records as needed;
8. Assist to post all payment in the accounting system as required by SNEC; and
9. Carry out other tasks assigned by the financial, programme manager or program director.
B. Qualifications and Experience Requirements
a. Be a Cambodian citizen;
b. Graduate degree (post-graduate will be an advantage) and a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting, public financial management or a closely related field;
c. Substantial previous experience in financial management for programmes financed by external development assistance. Previous experience on programmes financed by international finance institutions (e.g. World Bank, ADB, IFAD) and familiarity with the Standard Operating Procedures of MEF will be strongly preferred;
d. High level of computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and standard accounting software packages. Previous experience with Peachtree software (Sage 50) will be strongly preferred; and
e. Good level of spoken and written English.
Applications should be submitted to Mr. Lim Kimleang, Admin office of the Supreme National Economic Council (ឧត្តមក្រុមប្រឹក្សាសេដ្ឋកិច្ចជាតិ), No.208A, Preah Norodom Blvd., Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Tel.: 092 384 563, E-mail: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org accompanying Curriculum Vitae with two referees with their contact details by June 30, 2017.