4 Programme Assistants (Job #2014-002, GS-7 (Approximately US$ 1,420 net per month)
Better Factories Cambodia (BFC) is an innovative program which seeks to improve working conditions in the export garment industry in Cambodia. The project is growing, and is looking for Four Enterprise Assessors who are passionate about improving working conditions in Cambodia’s garment and footwear factories.
This work will suit a motivated candidate with established skills in the required areas and a willingness to learn new skills and take on increasing responsibility as the project evolves.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Law, Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering and other related fields. Preferably master degree qualification.
• At least five years’ work experience in a related field
• Courses or training in occupational safety and health, chemical safety, productivity and/or environmental issues pertaining to the garment and footwear industry is considered an advantage
• Excellent knowledge of English and Khmer languages.
• Chinese and/or Korean languages are desirable.
1. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
2. Good analytical skills;
3. Understanding of enterprise level human resource, production and quality systems;
4. Good understanding of corporate social responsibility and labor compliance issues in global supply chains;
5. Knowledge of footwear production, especially chemical safety and related OSH issues;
6. Experience in using basic computer software including e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel, and information management systems;
7. Good knowledge of the Cambodian labour law and regulations;
8. Ability to work independently as well as contributing to the work of a team;
9. Capacity to liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including staff, donors, buyers, government officials, management, unions and NGOs
The ILO is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. All applicants must attach their up to date CV and 1-2 pages statement addressing their claims against the required competencies. Applicants who fail to submit the competency statement will not be considered for short listed.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications should send their application with Job #2014-002 to email@example.com or to Better Factories Cambodia Office at # 9 Street 322, BoeungKeng Kang 1, Phnom Penh. www.betterfactories.org,
Closing date for application is 28 February 2014, 17:00
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields. Established in September 2015, SM Waypoint now has seven drone pilots, two sales staff and two accountants. Though the company focuses mainly on agricultural projects, the potential uses of the drones are extremely varied, going from measuring exact land height for building drainage systems to finding the most suitable location for special economic zones (SEZs) or factories.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Phnom Penh's Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all, from Kep crab to a new shrimp dish created by the market's owners.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern