The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is supporting the Cambodian Ministry of Women’s Affairs to change attitudes and prevent violence so that women and girls can feel safe in their homes, in the workplace and in their communities. The DFAT-supported, Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Program (PIPV), seeks to reduce rates of IPV by promoting comprehensive primary prevention strategies and interventions that reduce or eliminate specific risk factors (alcohol abuse and media exposure) and strengthen or establish protective factors for the prevention of IPV.
The Asia Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Gender Media Advisor for the PIPV Program.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
• Provide gender sensitivity training to TV producers, script writers, and other key media staff;
• Oversee viewer research from sub-grantees and surveys conducted;
• Review TV content – including scripts where appropriate of existing programs;
• Make recommendations to TV content producers and prepare program concepts with the aim to increase market share and keep content positive;
• Develop questions about IPV attitudes to be included in market surveys;
• Develop strategies, tools, and mini-assessments for further data and information that needs to be gathered;
• Prepare quarterly reports with a summary of assessments and recommendations based on Program activities.
Timeframe: The consultancy will be for a period of approximately 50 working days between August 2015 and January 2016.
• Advanced university degree in social sciences;
• Demonstrated experience in the field of communications, media, violence against women and gender;
• Experience in facilitating trainings on gender sensitivity and VAW for the media;
• Experience in designing and implementing surveys for viewer feedback;
• Experience working with and maintaining good relations with international, national and local counterparts and beneficiaries;
• Excellent writing and communications skills, and the ability to document clearly and succinctly for internal and external audiences;
• Fluency in English required and Khmer-speaking preferred.
To apply for this consultancy, please send the following documents to Ms. Erin Bourgois at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A CV/resume
• A concise cover letter explaining why the applicant is qualified for the job, including a proposed per diem consultant fee
A detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) is available upon request. Applications should be submitted by August 20, 2015 with the subject line: “Gender Media Advisor.”
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".