Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project
Winrock International is seeking an experience Gender Specialist to join the USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project (SFB) in Cambodia. The position is available immediately and will be based in the Project’s Regional Office in Kampong Thom. The Gender Specialist will work in the two forest landscapes located across the five provinces, Kampong Thom, Preah Vihear, Stung Treng, Kratie, and Mondulkiri.
Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
The USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project’s goal is to improve conservation and governance of the Eastern Plains and Prey Lang Landscapes to mitigate climate change and conserve biodiversity. The Project improves participation of communities in forest management decisions and builds capacity of community members and government officers to better manage resources and conserve biodiversity.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Gender Specialist provides practical solutions and support the Project. Specific tasks include:
• Contribute to the development of the SFB project’s gender mainstreaming strategy.
• Provide technical advice to empower women, ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged groups to ensure that their needs and interests are addressed within the framework of the project’s targets.
• Participate in project activities in a manner than increases the participation of women and vulnerable groups in decision-making at local and sub-national levels.
• Promote the integration of gender perspectives into relevant capacity building and learning initiatives facilitated through the project.
• Design communication materials with gender-related messages and approaches to be used to promote behavior change.
• Cooperate with the M&E Specialist to ensure that collected data is disaggregated by sex and project progress is measured from a gender perspective based on gender-responsive indicators
• Others tasks as might be assigned by SFB management.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
Education: Bachelors and preferably Masters Degree in Public Management, Economics, Finance Development and Gender Studies, or related areas of study.
Experience: Five or more years of relevant experience in implementing technical assistance projects in the areas of Gender Mainstreaming and/or Gender Empowerment in a team environment. USAID experience is highly desirable.
Send your CV and cover letter describing why you are qualified for this position to the SFB Project Office: Phnom Penh Center, Building F, Room 588, Sothearos Blvd, Phnom Penh, or by email to email@example.com
The closing date for submitting applications is October 14, 2014.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer. Men and women are encouraged to apply for this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".