Aide et Action International (AEAI) is an international NGO, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. AEA International began its programs in 1981 and is now working in more than 20 countries across Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, South Asia, Southeast Asia and China to support the development of sustainable education projects with our belief in the universal right to a quality education. Each AEAI intervention is based around this ethos.
Aide et Action International and key partners have initiated a nationwide first, the Cambodian Consortium for Out of School Children (CCOOSC), an unprecedented coming together of 17 international and local development actors uniting behind a mission to enrol and retain over 50,000 children of primary school age from 2014-2018. We are currently recruiting a creative, enthusiastic and innovative candidate to fill the following position.
Title : Head of Communications
Report to : Country Programme Coordinator
Salary : Competitive
Location : Phnom Penh, Cambodia with frequent travel to project sites
The incumbent will work closely with the management team to initiate, develop and implement communications and advocacy strategy in Cambodia. S/he will drive messaging, media relations, product marketing.
• Initiate, develop and implement communications and advocacy strategy of the AEA Cambodia office;
• Lead the generation of news, online contents, visual documentation engaging and innovative communication tools. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate;
• Put the communication vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communication activities;
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to, newsletters, e-newsletter, brochures, annual report, websites;
• Mentor and lead a team member responsible for communications and sponsorship;
• Manage all relevant advocacy, visited events from donors, sponsor and volunteers;
• Ensure specific requests from AEA international for information, testimonials, photos and video clips on the projects are responded to swiftly and effectively;
• A degree in the field of journalism, communications, media relations or a related field;
• At least 6 years working experience in related fields, with progressive responsibilities;
• Experience of practical journalism, communications, media relations combined with the national and international development areas, especially in educational issues;
• Excellent photography skills and competence in the use of computer software key to the support of communications publications, including web design, video editing;
• Skills in analysis, facilitation, ability to relate and build trust, creativity, organization, and interpersonal relationships;
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels;
• Good working background in a multi-cultural setting and multi-disciplinary team;
• Excellent in spoken and written English is a MUST. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Interested candidates with the qualifications required are invited to send CV with a cover letter outlining how they meet the criteria including three references and salary expectation to Ms. Sokunthea: email@example.com or visit our office at #29, Street 294, Tonle Bassac, Chamcarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Tel: (855) 23 221 940. Previous candidates need not to re-apply
AEAI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline of application: 6th August 2014. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Take a drive north of Kampong Cham, past the dirt roads and the dense greenery.
The final results from the National Election Committee for the June 4 commune elections show the Cambodian People’s Party taking 1,156 communes to
Cambodia’s National Election Committee last week rejected 33 of 61 complaints filed over the conduct of June 4’s commune election, according to a s