Hong Leong Bank Berhad is one of the leading financial services organizations in Malaysia. With a heritage of more than 100 years, providing comprehensive financial services covering consumer banking, business banking and trade finance, treasury, branch and transaction banking, as well as wealth management services. It provides both general banking and Islamic financial services. Its merger with EON Bank Group in 2011 has further embedded its position as a core banking franchise with an expanded distribution network of more than 300 branches across Malaysia.
With a proven track record in value creation and a highly recognized brand, Hong Leong Bank has also been extending its footprint in the region, with branches in Singapore, Hong Kong and wholly owned subsidiaries in Vietnam and Cambodia. In China, the Bank has a 20% shareholding in Bank of Chengdu Co., Ltd., Sichuan and a consumer finance joint venture.
Hong Leong Bank is a subsidiary of Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad, the financial services arm of the Hong Leong Group. Apart from banking, Hong Leong Financial Group is involved in the provision of insurance and takaful, as well as investment banking, unit trust, fund management and stock broking services.
Hong Leong Bank (Cambodia) Pic. a wholly owned subsidiary of Hong Leong Bank Berhad Malaysia, officially opened our banking operations in Phnom Penh on August 23, 2013 and to support our business expansion, we are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position based in Phnom Penh.
• Undertake credit analysis of credit applications (CA) submitted from the business lines.
• Build local knowledge on credit risk assessment and management.
• Build expertise in the writing up of the CA and how to address risk and its mitigation, and coach and mentor front line Relationship Lending Team.
• Ensure clear turnaround time service level agreement for work completed.
• Jointly approve mortgage, and other PFS and BB loans according to approved empowerment matrix.
• Review underwriting credit policies/guidelines to align with the changes in the industry, economic situation, property sector, government guidelines and regulators.
• Review counterparty Risk on Treasury matters.
• Ensure and monitor loans disbursed are as per approved terms and in compliance with NBC guidelines.
• Establish and set up process and procedures to manage all functions.
• Build and maintain a Credit Risk Management dashboard for Cambodia.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by HO and CEO.
• Support growth in the business franchise as a senior member of the management team.
• University degree and/or professional qualification in Banking or Foreign Trade.
• Completion of finance / management courses would be an advantage.
• Experience in similar lending position for at least 5 years (working for a foreign bank would be an advantage).
• Experience in dealing with trade finance products.
• Sound experience in financial analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with people from a wide diversity of cultural and social environments. Strong ability to work in a team.
• Sound analytical and problem solving skill.
• Demonstrate clear leadership traits with strong goal orientation and accountability.
• Very strong command of English.
• Drive and passion to succeed.
• Ability to work and thrive under pressure.
How to apply: Please send only your cover letter and CV attaching a passport size photo to us at MuyMara@hlbkh.honoleong.com. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please always put your email subject as "Application for XXXX (position you applied)" and rename your attached file in your full name, i.e. MuyMara_CV. Please put all your attached documents into one file only.
Contact address: #28, Samdech Pan Avenue (St. 214) Corner Street Pasteur (St. 51), Sangkat Boeung Raing, Khan Daun
Penh, Phnom Penh. Telephone: 023 999 711 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
Closing date: 06 January 2014
To know more about us, please visit our corporate website at www.hlb.com.my
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.
Those who make the journey almost 100km from Preah Vihear province’s capital Tbaeng Meanchey to the 11th century remains of Preah Khan Kompong Svay will be richly rewarded.