Save the Children is a child rights organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in Save the Children’s work in Cambodia working in partnership with the Government, NGOs and community members. Save the Children is looking for high quality motivated candidate to fill in the position of Health and Nutrition Specialist based in Phnom Penh.
The Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support in the area of health and nutrition to all program teams and governmental and non-governmental partners and staff at all levels to ensure that children and their caregivers in Cambodia have access to quality health and nutrition services. The Health and Nutrition Specialist contributes to the development of a rights based Save the Children Cambodia country strategic plan, provides input in monitoring and evaluation, programme design, proposal development and advocacy. The Health and Nutrition Specialist will provide capacity building (such as training, mentoring, and advice), documentation, and opportunities for sharing and learning. The Health and Nutrition Specialist will be guided by and contribute to the Save the Children Global Initiatives.
• Master’s Degree in Health, Nutrition, or any relevant field. Extensive, substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree
• At least 7 years relevant work experience in leading the development and implementation of Health and or nutrition programmes
• Ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
• Excellent IT [Microsoft Office] skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to all parts of the country
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
• Fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English
How to apply
A detailed job description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 17.00 on 04 July 2014. Previous applicants need not to re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disabled people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.
Take a drive north of Kampong Cham, past the dirt roads and the dense greenery.
Cambodia’s National Election Committee last week rejected 33 of 61 complaints filed over the conduct of June 4’s commune election, according to a s
Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking