An exciting opportunity to work with government, NGO partners, and communities, Save the Children is looking for a highly motivated Cambodian national to fill in the position of Human Resource Advisor based in Phnom Penh with regular travel to field location.
The Role Purpose
The primary purpose of this job is to contribute to achieving the overall country strategic plan of Cambodia by attracting, developing and retaining high performing and talented staff from diverse backgrounds in an environment that is caring, empowering, supportive, equitable and respectful. He/she is responsible for the day to day managerial oversight of the recruitment process/policies/procedures, development and implementation of our staff development policy and practices, and providing leadership on the implementation of SCI’s performance management system. This role will be expected to thoroughly analyse and assess our strengths and weaknesses around staff development and working with line managers to determine the most appropriate capacity building inputs that will be required. He/she will be expected to design capacity building interventions which are tailored made to specific needs and integrated with real life challenges and experience. This staff development initiative will need to be directly linked to the annual performance appraisal and supported thorough SCI’s performance management system.
• Degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or related field
• Minimum 5-10 years of relevant working experience preferably with INGO
• Experience in developing strategy for capacity building and organizational development
• Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, especially, HR manua
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Competent level skills in core IT application, particularly MS Office (Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Willing to travel and stay in project locations
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources team at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 20 December 2013
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.