Save the Children is a child rights organization. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in Save the Children’s work in Cambodia working in partnership with the Government, NGOs and community members. Save the Children is looking for high quality motivated candidates to fill in different positions in different areas acrossthe country office.
Positions Available and Qualifications:
Humanitarian Manager, Phnom Penh (1 position)
Roles and Responsibility
The humanitarian manager is responsible for leadership, strategic directions and effective program implementation and management of Save the Children humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction and climate change in Cambodia. Ensuring country office staff and its partners have strong prepositioning and competency for excellent delivery of emergency response for affected children in compliance with donor requirements and Save the Children International’s humanitarian standards. Ensuring disaster risk reduction and climate change are well informed and integrated into all country thematic programs and implemented. Ensuring professional representation of Save the Children to the national and sub-national government, INGOs, partners, UN agencies and local authorities.
• Degree in development management, humanitarian sectors and related fields
• A minimum of 5-year experience in program management and/or humanitarian preparedness and response in a number of fragile or complex contexts
• A minimum of three years experience in disaster risk reduction or at least 5-year in the development programme
• Ample knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as other development concepts and frameworks
• Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sector humanitarian response, including food/cash programming
• Experience in logistics management and solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, dynamic, negotiation and coaching
• Knowledge of Save the Children’s practices and procedures and ways of working with children
• Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written
• Commitment to Save the Children values
Program Officer First Read ECCD, Kampong Cham (1 position)
Roles and Responsibility
The over all responsibility is to take the over all leadership, management, coordination and facilitation of planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and financial management of First Read ECCD program and also provide technical assistance and capacity building to relevant partners (POE, DOE, Head Teachers, NGO sand WCCC/CCWCs) to deliver good quality of Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) implementation and other education activities in line with SCI policies and donor requirements in the designated province of Kampong Cham province.
• Completed upper secondary school and/or a bachelor degree in relevant subject from an accredited university or any relevant field experiences
• A minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in education, especially ECCD or other equivalent work
• Strong community mobilization skills
• Good knowledge of budgeting and financial managements kills
• Good Interpersonal, proactive and dynamic communication skills.
• Strong coordination, facilitation and presentation skills will be considered a definite advantage.
• Good experiences in working with local government and NGOs partners
• Good understanding of Gender, D&D, nutrition, health, child protection are additional benefit
• Good computer skills in MicrosoftOffice,
• A bility and willing ness to travel in the province, and rural communities
• Willingness to abide by SCI’s Child Safe Guarding/Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources team at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 30 December 2013.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".