The U.S. Mission in Phnom Penh is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Immigration Visa Assistant for the Consular Affairs Office, Department of State.
The jobholder serves in the Immigration Visa (IV) Unit under the Consular Officer in charge of the team and the Visa Supervisor, performing the full range of IV services for Cambodian IV cases. Also, the incumbent serves on a rotational basis with the Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) Unit for the full range of NIV case processing. S/he receives visa applications and supporting documents, prescreens cases, advises officers on Cambodia cultural and social issues, processes applications, deals with correspondence and explains the visa process to members of the public and provides interpretation for American officers when needed.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 10,375 – 16,082.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of High School is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience involving the application of complex regulatory material, along with experience in public contact.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Khmer are required. (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have knowledge of basic computer systems and applications. Ability to deal with customers with patience and tact and to work under pressure.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of general office management practices.
The application deadline is August 28, 2017. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.