The USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project promotes conservation of three forests in Mondulkiri province and the Prey Lang Forest in Kampong Thom, Steung Treng, Kratie and Preah Vihear. We’re looking for an experienced team leader with strong management and planning skills to fill the role of Improved Governance Team Leader. Examples of the activities performed include:
• Support the development and implementation of legal land tenure and/or land use instruments, such as Community Forests, Indigenous Communal Land Titling, Community Conservation Forests, Community-based Production Forestry, including management plans.
• Support capacity building to line ministries and participating communities on design, establishment and sustainable management of forests within, as well as surrounding conservation areas, including the proposed Prey Lang Protection Forest.
• Enhance the incorporation of biodiversity information into spatial planning and management planning.
• Develop and implement programs to build the technical and institutional capacity of sub-national administrations, district and commune officials, and line agencies. Indicative training topics include Sustainable Forest Management, Community Forestry, Biodiversity Conservation, etc.
• Increase stakeholder groups’ understanding of issues related to forest land management, biodiversity conservation, community-based natural resource and forest management, and relevant economic development planning.
If you have experience working well in a team environment engaging a variety of stakeholders concerning issues relevant to forest conservation, then this job is for you.
To obtain a detailed Scope of Work, please request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the office and pick one up.
To apply for this Team Leader Position, please submit a CV and cover letter and tell us why you are the best person for this position. Send these documents to the USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project office: Room 588, Building H, Phnom Penh Center Sothearos Blvd, Phnom Penh or send by email to email@example.com. Deadline for application is end of the day on November 17, 2015. Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".