The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified international consultant to conduct an assessment to provide updated information on the actual current levels of compliance through a snapshot with the statutory levels of iodine in fortified salt, iron in fortified sauces and other micronutrients specified for other food vehicles labelled as fortified. The consultancy will also identify challenges and sustainability issues to support the ongoing efforts to strengthen the national fortification program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop the protocol, identify local laboratory with the capacity to analyze the different nutrient in salt, sauces and instant noodles;
2. Develop a sampling procedure to be representative of the actual availability of iodized salt, iron fortified sauces and fortified instant noodles;
3. Collect the food samples and analyze the concentration of iodine in fortified salt, iron in fortified sauces, and iron and another vitamin in fortified instant noodles;
4. Prepare the first analysis of the compliance of the different fortified foods tested in a scientific peer review publication format;
5. Prepare a presentation during an NSCFF meeting to sensitize relevant stakeholders and secure general consensus on the conclusions of the analysis;
6. Finalize the report on the compliance of fortified products according to national and international guidelines in Cambodia and develop an advocacy summary of the findings.
Duration of Contract:
The consultant will require 40 working days to complete the assignment.
Submission of Applications:
Information on required qualifications, submission of proposals and complete Terms of Reference are available at http://www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_20966.html
Applications shall be sent by email to [email protected]. Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number and all required documentation as detailed in the ToR.