Kingdom of Cambodia
Nation Religion King
MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES AND METEOROLOGY
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
WATER AND AGRICUTURE SECTOR PROJECT
AFD Grant No. CKH 1132.01.H and Loan No. CKH 1132.02.J
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
For Position of Inspector
(National Individual Consultant)
Issue Date: 27th July 2015
The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology (MOWRAM) is the Executing Agency (EA) for the Project and is responsible for the engagement of consulting services and for awarding civil works contracts for the rehabilitation of irrigation schemes. The designated Project Manager of MOWRAM’s Project Management Office (PMO), will have overall administrative oversight of the consulting services and civil work contracts and will have responsibility for day-to-day operations. The Inspector will assist the PMO to ensure that the civil works contract ref. no. WASP/AFD-CW1-PDT for the construction of the Prolay Donkay Thmei irrigation scheme located in Kralanh District in Siem Riep Province is implemented as planned and within the time schedule. The required service of this specialist is 10 person-months intermittent from August 2015 to July 2016
Scope of Work
The Inspector will be resident on site and under the supervision of the Supervision Engineer the Inspector will monitor the works to ensure compliance with specification and to uphold safety and environmental mitigation. The Inspector will carry out regular inspection on site of on-going works, ensure testing for quality, take measurements to check against the plans, check the materials used and check defects. The inspector will keep and update accurate records of the inspections and in particular will assist the Supervision Engineer in maintain the daily site log
The duties of the Consultant will include the issuing of decisions, certificates and orders as specified in detail in the construction contract documents. These tasks require that the Consultant will assist the PMO with the following:
• Accept the directives of the Supervision Engineer and assist in the reporting requirement
• Inspection of construction activities, the day-to-day quality control of the works including testing of materials on site and arranging off site laboratory testing as directed.
• Monitor and check the works compliance with design including the setting out alignments and levels
• Maintain the daily record and contract summary
• Ensure the monthly measurement of completed work
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• At least a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Irrigation Engineering.
• At least 3 years professional experience in construction of works. He/she will be experienced in all of the tasks required to ensure the quality of the civil works including but not limited to supervision of the testing laboratory, supervision of field testing to meet specifications, correct use of plant and equipment, and survey of works for the determination of quantity for payment in accordance with also maintain a daily record of plant used and works being carried out
• Good communication and English language skills, with the ability to relate easily to both international and Cambodian staff. Capacity to work both independently as well as in a team setting, willing to work under pressure
Schedule and Places of Assignment
The selected consultant will be based in Snoul commune, Siem Reap Province with full time working ten (10) months as Intermittent
Interested Consultants may obtain further information and the detail Term of Reference (TOR) for the Assignment above via email address: email@example.com And CC: firstname.lastname@example.org or by personal visit at the address below during office hours 08:00 to 17:00 hours (Local Time). Written expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 16:00 on 11th August 2015 along with CVs highlighting relevant qualifications and experiences; CVs should also include contacts of references and indicative monthly rate for a field position.
In case of difficulties in obtaining detailed TOR or in submitting the application interested candidates could contact in writing to AFD office in Phnom Penh, No. 5, Rue 106,Sangkat Wat Phnom, PO Box 102 Phnom Penh, Cambodia, for attn.. Mr. Sideth MUONG, Tel No. 855 23 426 360, Email: AFDPhnomPenh@afd.fr
Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology
Project Management Office
Water and Agriculture Sector Project
#47 Norodom Blvd, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".