|International Consultancy on Development of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation Action Platform (2014-2018) - Vacancy Nº CP/13/006|
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified international consultant (Individuals only) to provide technical advice/guidance and support to the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MOSVY) including the D&D Working Group to develop the Action Platform 2014-2018 taking into account the context in Cambodia and lessons learnt from the region. UNICEF is looking for an expert who can support this process from a macro perspective, being aware of the full picture of social welfare, but also being able to provide detailed recommendations on how the child protection/welfare related functions can be improved and enhanced within the overall structure of the Ministry.
The complete Terms of Reference is available at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_70217.html
The Consultant is expected to carry out the following tasks under this assignment:
- Desk review of relevant documents, studies and assessments in the area of D&D and social welfare sector;
- Prepare the methodology and the proposed structure of the Action Platform (2014-2018);
- Facilitate MOSVY internal consultation on the components of the Action Platform;
- In consultation and support of the MOSVY D&D Working Group and Department of Planning draft the action platform, including the simplified logical framework;
- In consultation and support of the MOSVY D&D Working Group develop a tentative framework for the M&E for the Action Platform;
- In consultation and support of MOSVY D&D Working Group and the Department of Planning facilitate initial costing exercise for the Action Platform.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Master level academic qualifications related to the tasks (Law, Public Administration, Social Policy) or relevant high level experience;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with planning, policy formulation, decentralization reform, and especially child protection/social welfare system building;
- Experience in strategic planning and within the Cambodian context will be an advantage;
- Experience in similar processes as well as knowledge and experience from advisory roles to Social Welfare Ministries in countries in the region is a strong advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and involve stakeholders in participatory policy exercises;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Duration of Contract: The assignment shall start by September 2013 and it is to be completed in 48 working days.
Submission of Applications: Applications shall be considered only if accompanied by the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal: Consultants shall prepare a proposal on the basis of the tasks and deliverables (detailed in the ToR), provide an updated CV and Personal History Form (P11), and copies of 2 relevant reports performed earlier.
2. Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with cost breakdown: Consultancy fee, travel costs (economy class), Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and other costs related to the consultation process and stakeholders engagements.
A two stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. More information contained in the ToR.
The P11 form can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html. Regret letters will only be sent to shortlisted candidates. All applications are treated with confidentiality.
Applications shall be addressed to: UNICEF Cambodia, Supply Section, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4 September 2013 (GMT + 7 hours)
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern