Individual Consultancy - Vacancy Nº LGCR/14/009
Development of training package to strengthen disability inclusion in governance at the provincial, district and commune levels
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified international consultant to develop or adapting disability inclusion capacity development resources for sub-national decision makers in Cambodia and to support UNICEF and the Ministry of Interior with the delivery of training of trainers with the developed resources.
Scope of Work
• Provide to UNICEF a Methodology for the Consultancy (max 5 pages);
• Produce a comprehensive capacity development resource package for promoting disability inclusive governance at different sub-national levels, linked to promotion and nurturing of community participation and demand creation for disability inclusive services and family practices;
• Produce accompanying three guidance notes/training of trainers manual on facilitation of the capacity development resources for province, district and commune level;
• Facilitate quality assurance (pre-test, review by reference group, etc.) and review of the training packages before implementation and roll out to ensure quality and relevance;
• Deliver and facilitate training of trainers workshops using the developed training materials for roll-out down to the different sub-national levels. The number of workshops and training sessions as well as planned refresher trainings will be decided in consultation with UNICEF and MoI;
• Prepare a final summary report on the consultancy which will include:
o Recommendations for implementation
Qualification or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
The key skills required of the consultant will include:
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Law or related fields
• Fluent and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
• Demonstrated experience and expertise from the disability sector and disability inclusive development
• Demonstrated knowledge of gender sensitive development programming, community development, and local governance
• Demonstrated experience with developing, pre-testing training materials
• Creative facilitation and communication skills
• Familiarity with UNICEF (programmes, processes, policies) is an asset
• Knowledge or experience with the Cambodian context and local governance system is an asset
Duration of Contract:
54 working days
Submission of Applications:
Applications shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.Information on required qualifications, submission of proposals and complete Terms of Reference are available at
Applications shall be sent by email to email@example.com. Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number and all required documentation as detailed in the ToR.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".