1. The National Accounting Council (NAC) has obtained the funds from the Ministry of Economy and Finance to implement the capacity building for a number of selected local universities in international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs). The Program will support the implementation of some of the key policy recommendations that are derived from the Financial Sector Development Strategy 2011-2020.
2. The development objective of the Program is to improve the quality and capacity relating to IAS/IFRS for lecturers in universities in Cambodia to implement the standardized IFRS curriculum in their respective universities, which is part of the implementation of Financial Sector Development Strategy 2011-2020 of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
3. Based on the ROSC report and the recent survey jointly conducted by the National Accounting Council and the Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors in 2013 found an urgent request for the training of the full version of IFRS with emphasis on the latest updates of a number of important standards is needed.
4. Therefore, The National Accounting Council (NAC) of the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) is looking for the following:
1) One (1) International consultant who should possess the following qualifications:
• Must be at least a Master Degree in Accounting and/or finance from recognized universities and/or Certified Public Accountant from an internationally recognized accounting bodies;
• A minimum of seven years working experiences with IFRS/IAS;
• A minimum of seven years international experiences in training and consultancy relating to IFRS/IAS;
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English used as the working language.
2) One (1) assistant consultants who should have the following qualifications:
• Cambodian national
• At least a Master Degree in Accounting, finance and/or relevant field from recognized universities.
• Familiarity with IFRS/IAS
• A minimum of 5 years of experiences in training and/or teaching at University level
• Understanding of accounting profession in Cambodia
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Khmer used as the working language.
5. The services for both positions are expected to continue through approximately fifteen (15) working days, starting from 11 December 2014 and ending by 31December 2014. The International consultant and Assistant Consultants will be based at the NAC office in Phnom Penh.
6. In submitting their expression of interest, the interested candidates are kindly requested to provide their technical and financial proposal to thebelow address.
7. Interested candidates may obtain copies of the detailed Term of Reference (in English) for the service from below address from Monday to Friday during office hour except public holidays.
8. Expression of interest must be submitted to the below address by email no later than 03 October 2014.
National Accounting Council
Ministry of Economy and Finance
Address: Street 92, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone: 855-12 805 111/ 855-11 691 496
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".