During The last Decade 2003-2013 the year of fully Decentralized and De-concentration (D&D) policy reform has been implemented in Cambodia by the National Committee for Democratic Development at Sub-National Level (NCDD). Many hundreds of millions USD has been injected into local economy through this policy reform. The ultimate goal of D&D policy reform is contributed to poverty reduction/ improving standard of living of Cambodian people which is very well aligned with the Royal Government of Cambodia’s National Strategic Development Plan (NSDP 2005-2010 and NSDP Updated 2009-2013) through the two equality important channels of : 1) local economic development and 2) Improve local good governance at sub-national level. To achieve the ultimate goal and two equally important objectives above, around 70% of total amount of fund as described above are allocated to investment component, for example, the Commune/ Sangkat Fund and the remaining around 30% are used in non-investment component. The NCDD Secretariat is now seeking qualified, short-term independent international consultants (statistician/econometrician) to assist with this effort.
Qualification and Experience:
• Have a PhD or be in the process of getting a PhD in statistics, economics, or econometrics from a University with a high international reputation
• Extensive knowledge of computerised statistical analysis using software packages such as: SPSS, STATA, MATLAB, SAS, E-Views, S-Plus/R, etc.
• Proven knowledge in statistical/econometric modelling for impact evaluation (especially modelling of panel/multilevel regression for panel/multilevel data)
• A past record of publication would be very much preferred
• It is preferred the candidate has extensive contacts in the research sector
Interested individuals must provide updated CVs and information on their qualifications and experience and must demonstrate how they are qualified to provide the required services along with the name of at least three (3) referees with their contact information. Before you apply, please refer to the Terms of Reference for the above brief outline of required services that is available from the NCDD Website: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement.
Applications that included a cover letter along with CV must be delivered directly, through express mail to the below listed address or alternatively sent by e-mail to Mr. Nop Novy, Chief of Procurement Office or Ms. Poch Monika, Senior Procurement Officer at NCDDS, Ministry of Interior, Norodom Blvd., Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA from 08:00am to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday or through e-mail at [email protected] or [email protected] .