Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - International Consultant (Statistician/Econometrician)

The Kingdom of Cambodia
National Religion King
_______


National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Job Announcement “International Consultant (Statistician/Econometrician) to Undertake an Impact Evaluation of Cambodia’s Decentralization”


During The last Decade 2003-2013 the year of fully Decentralized and De-concentration (D&D) policy reform has been implemented in Cambodia by the National Committee for Democratic Development at Sub-National Level (NCDD). Many hundreds of millions USD has been injected into local economy through this policy reform. The ultimate goal of D&D policy reform is contributed to poverty reduction/ improving standard of living of Cambodian people which is very well aligned with the Royal Government of Cambodia’s National Strategic Development Plan (NSDP 2005-2010 and NSDP Updated 2009-2013) through the two equality important channels of : 1) local economic development and 2) Improve local good governance at sub-national level. To achieve the ultimate goal and two equally important objectives above, around 70% of total amount of fund as described above are allocated to investment component, for example, the Commune/ Sangkat Fund and the remaining around 30% are used in non-investment component. The NCDD Secretariat is now seeking qualified, short-term independent international consultants (statistician/econometrician) to assist with this effort.

Qualification and Experience:
• Have a PhD or be in the process of getting a PhD in statistics, economics, or econometrics from a University with a high international reputation
• Extensive knowledge of computerised statistical analysis using software packages such as: SPSS, STATA, MATLAB, SAS, E-Views, S-Plus/R, etc.
• Proven knowledge in statistical/econometric modelling for impact evaluation (especially modelling of panel/multilevel regression for panel/multilevel data)
• A past record of publication would be very much preferred
• It is preferred the candidate has extensive contacts in the research sector

Interested individuals must provide updated CVs and information on their qualifications and experience and must demonstrate how they are qualified to provide the required services along with the name of at least three (3) referees with their contact information. Before you apply, please refer to the Terms of Reference for the above brief outline of required services that is available from the NCDD Website: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement.

Applications that included a cover letter along with CV must be delivered directly, through express mail to the below listed address or alternatively sent by e-mail to Mr. Nop Novy, Chief of Procurement Office or Ms. Poch Monika, Senior Procurement Officer at NCDDS, Ministry of Interior, Norodom Blvd., Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA from 08:00am to 17:00pm, Monday to Friday or through e-mail at novy@ncdd.gov.kh or pmonika@ncdd.gov.kh .

The closing date/time is 17:00 hours, 30 May 2014.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; only shortlist candidates will be contacted.


Latest Video

Bodies of Cambodian peacekeepers returned to Kingdom

The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.

Phnom Penh eats: Ptas Nak Battambang

As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.

Opposition leader Kem Sokha greets supporters during a CNRP campaign rally yesterday in Prey Veng province. FACEBOOK

A new section of road will be built on Phnom Penh’s Koh Dach if the Cambodian People’s Party wins the island commune at Sunday’s elections, an offi

Political analyst Kim Sok who is seen being escorted into a police van after his bail was denied in March at the Appeals Court in Phnom Penh, announced that he will go on hunger strike in Prey Say prison from today until the June 4 commune elections.

Imprisoned political analyst and social commentator