Winrock International is seeking a qualified IT Database Specialist for the USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project. The position is available immediately, based in Phnom Penh.
The USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project is improving conservation and governance of the Eastern Plains and Prey Lang landscapes to reduce deforestation, mitigate climate change, and conserve biodiversity.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Information Technology Database Specialist will be hired as a consultant for up to six months to develop a web database for recording the activities and results of SFB project. The consultant will perform the following tasks.
• Define the database structure and the level of detail to track the activities and results of SFB project implementation;
• Create an open database allowing for upgrades and adaptations in the future;
• Design and build an easy-to-use information system that links all users and accurately records and processes information, including presenting reports;
• Create User IDs for Project staff and train staff on how to access to information and data;
• Collaborate with M&E Specialists and Project team in the design process;
• Collaborate with Project’s IT Specialist so she becomes proficient on the system and can add upgrades as needed.
• Perform other tasks related to the consultancy as assigned by M&E Specialist.
Qualification and Skills
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study. Monitoring and Evaluation experience is preferred.
Experience and Skills: Five or more years of relevant experience in information technology and database development. Experience in designing and building management information systems. Flexible and able to work under pressure.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and your CVs to the USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity Project office at Room 588, Building F, Phnom Penh Center, Sothearos Blvd, Phnom Penh, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing for submissions is January 16, 2013.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.