Indochina Starfish Foundation (ISF) is an international charity operating in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. ISF believes that every child, regardless of where they were born, has the right to education, healthcare and sport. We seek to make a fundamental and long-lasting positive change in the lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged children and their families in Cambodia.
ISF is currently recruiting:
1. Qualified and experienced native English speaker candidates for the post of English Teacher at our education centre based in Phnom Penh ($1,000-1,200/month)
• Plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate lessons entirely in English
• Promote and encourage students to speak only English in class and at school, improving their listening and speaking skills.
• Maintain attendance and progress records for students, and check and assess work
• Assist the English Programme Coordinator and other English teachers to develop and follow the school’s curriculum, keeping it up to date and relevant.
• Native English speaker
• English teaching qualification
• 3 year experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language
• Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
• Passionate about education and working with underprivileged children
2. One qualified and experienced English Programme Coordinator to oversee the academic programmes at our two education centres based in Phnom Penh ($1,500-1,800/month)
• Develop the school’s curriculum and make sure English teachers in our two schools are following it. Collaborate with the staff to keep the curriculum up to date and relevant
• Lead the process of developing the school’s scope and sequence documents
• Participate in the formation of the English program strategic development plan and be proactive in the implementation of the Action Plan
• Ensure all teaching materials are shared and followed by all English teachers
• Set up systems to facilitate communication and collaboration among all English teachers involved in implementing the ISF curriculum
• Share knowledge between the two schools and provide the mechanisms by which the two schools are working towards the same objectives
• Qualification for teaching
• One year teaching experience, preferably in teaching the English National Curriculum and/or the International Primary Curriculum in an international setting.
• 3 years Leadership experience
• Cambodia or expatriate who has experience living in Cambodia or similar countries
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a multicultural team
Please, visit our website to find out more:
http://indochinastarfish.org/support-us/ (click on the link and scroll down the page).
Applicants should send a letter of application and CV with the names of three professional referees to: Indochina Starfish Foundation, PO Box 2609, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 17st April 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
ISF follows a strict Child Protection Policy. All applicants will be thoroughly screened and will be expected to attend child protection training if hired.
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.