PYXERA Global, an international NGO, will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, scheduled to take place in February-March 2018. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part time consultant currently residing in Phnom Penh, Cambodia to help with program management and provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate employees from October 2017-April 2018. Possibility of extension based on additional corporate programs.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
♦ Identify and select potential clients and develop Scopes of Work for the program that are aligned with specific areas of intervention identified by PYXERA Global and/or our client(s)
♦ Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate.
♦ Orient new program participants upon arrival in Cambodia;
♦ Serve as logistics coordinator and as an informational resource for Volunteers and troubleshoot problems they may face;
♦ Recruit and hire Project Assistants (If applicable) to support corporate consultants with translation, research and interviews.
♦ Participate in weekly preparation phone calls with corporate team(s) as needed;
♦ Coordinate Client/Project Assistant Pre-Departure Orientation, Welcome and Final Events for corporate employees and local client firms/organizations;
♦ Correspond with PYXERA Global headquarters program staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the Volunteers and our partners
♦ Monitor and advise on security arrangements for Volunteers when they are in Cambodia.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
♦ Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups;
1. Must be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
2. College degree in international relations, communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
3. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
4. Experience working with cross cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
5. Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
6. Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision.
7. Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work with limited supervision
8. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
9. Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
10. Knowledge of global development as it relates to youth skills development, youth employability, entrepreneurship, and/or social enterprises
11. Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
12. Proficiency in Khmer and English required
13. Ability to work in teams and alone, and demonstrated commitment to creating opportunities for improved livelihoods preferred.
This is a part time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 6 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail (Local Consultant Phnom Penh). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Following last week's events, when Prime Minister Hun Sen proposed redistributing the Cambodia National Rescue Party’s National Assembly seats among minor opposition parties, the controversial amendments were passed a
The Indigenous People's Lodge in the lush highlands of Mondulkiri, one of the Kingdom's most sparsely populated provinces, offers of a taste of traditional life.
Watch our video to find out more.