The Advocacy and Policy Institute is one of the leading advocacy and policy capacity building organizations in Cambodia. It has a mission to serve with long term democratic and social development needs of Cambodia through the empowerment of people to interact with their government to protect rights and provide for needs.
With financial support from EU, DCA/CA, BFDW and OSF, the Increasing Access to Public Information (IAPI) Project has been implemented numerous activities by API, Article 19, COWS, FACT, KBSC, MB and VSG since 2013 up to the present. IAPI project committed until ending its term by December 2015 in increasing the access to information for both the public and sub-national authorities as fundamental to effective participation and accountability in sub-national governance.
API is looking for a team or individual external consultant (s) to conduct “Mid Term Project Evaluation” between July and August 2014.
• Assess achievements against objectives, efficiency and effectiveness of methodology, relevance of approach, impacts, sustainability and other factors which can lead for advocacy growth ;
• Ascertain progressive result in comparison with project outcomes, proper evaluation by considering its indicators, and identify the key challenges and implications between January 01, 2013 until June 30, 2014 for 49 communes in ten districts within the five target provinces (Kampong Speu, Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Thom, Kratie and Banteay Meanchey).
The evaluation team will be accountable for delivering the mid-term project evaluation report in English and Khmer with credibility and transparency.
The methodology for the evaluation must be in accordance with the methods of implementation and the methodology of Baseline survey 2013.Desk review and a number of Focus Group Discussions and survey with 1,488 sample sizes out of 500,000 population will be conducted as the part of the midterm evaluation methodology to be proposed by the Evaluator (s).
• Extensive experience in research, project evaluation at least 5 years, preferably in the area of development, good governance and decentralization and de-centralisation, right based approach or any relevant projects;
• Experience in development of project monitoring and evaluation system/mechanism;
• Familiar with the process of participatory assessment;
• Good facilitation, negotiation and communication skills;
• Proficiency in English and Khmer;
• Knowledge about the concept and practice of Access to Public Information is an advantage; and
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines, expecting to deliver quality of work.
The total duration of the evaluation process is approximately 8 weeks, starting from July 1st, 2014 to August 30th 2014. The final report will be submitted not later than August 30th, 2014.
API is seeking for an independent external evaluator/evaluation team for mid-project evaluation.
The individuals, companies or organizations with relevant expertise and interest, please send us the following:
- An expression of interest;
- Relevant documents, including curriculum vitae; and
- Methods of evaluation and detail budget, schedule of evaluation and work testimonials of project/program evaluation to the following address by 5:00PM, June 25th, 2014.
Advocacy and Policy Institute (API)
Office: Phnom Penh Villa Building, 2nd Floor, Room 206; #124, Street 388, Sangkat Toul Svay Prey 1, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel.: +855 (0) 23-213 486; Fax: +855 (0) 23-213 487
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".