Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops to assist the poor and disadvantaged. CRS returned to Cambodia in 1991 and currently works in the sectors of Health, Education, and Sustainable, with approximately 20 local partners. A head office is located in Phnom Penh. CRS Cambodia is the hub office for Southeast Asia programming, including Myanmar, Thailand and other outreach countries
CRS Cambodia Job Announcement
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
CRS Cambodia is placing increased emphasis on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) to better meet its own worldwide standards as well as to promote learning and inform its future work. CRS has historically based MEAL officers within sectoral teams, now seeks a separate unit for MEAL, comprised with MEAL Officers under the leadership of the MEAL Program Manager to enhance MEAL efforts throughout the organization.
1. Ensure completeness of data and all M&E requirements, with particular focus at the partner level (computer based data management system, to store and generate data as needed);
2. Compile and review partner reports and ensure accurate, timely and user-friendly aggregated data to inform project review, planning , decision making, reporting, evaluation and fund mobilization;
3. Field follow up to ensure data quality, on site data verification and spot check
4. Build capacity of partner M&E, through mentoring and coaching to improve data entry, data analysis and use and the overall M&E systems for program quality;
5. Contribute to key M&E events (Assessment, Baseline, Mid-Term Review, Evaluation);
6. Document success stories and case studies of relevant projects
A. Project Design and Proposal Development
1. Design relevant tools for assessments to inform project design
2. Develop M&E manual for responsible project (Proframe, Result Framework, Data Flow Map, Indicator Performance Framework (IPTT), and M&E Calendar)
3. Develop Theory of Change for the project;
4. Develop and review regularly project assessment tools to measure higher level of compliance with the CRS MEAL policy and other PQ requirement;
5. Develop Data Collection Forms, Reporting Formats and Instruction for the responsible project;
6. Develop Data Using and Reflection Plan for the responsible project;
7. Develop Communication and Reporting Map for the responsible project;
8. Develop indicator manual for responsible project
B. Computer Based Data Management System to store and generate data as needed by programs, organization, donors and stakeholders:
1. Train to CRS program and partner staff on how to use the database
2. Set up Computer Data-based Management System;
3. Review the data entry by partner staff in the Data Based Management System;
C. Project Monitoring and Evaluation
1. In collaboration with partners and program staff, analyze and reflect on project monitoring data in order to produce action items with assigned responsibilities on a quarterly basis
2. Conduct regularly visit to project sites to monitor project progress (at least one time per quarter)
3. Capture and transmit beneficiary and service delivery data annually according to agency standards, definitions and processes.
4. Conduct and document the findings of an annual data quality assessment for each project
5. Assist MEAL Specialist in develop ToR and plan for data collection, analyze, reporting (assessment, baseline study; mid-term review and evaluation)
6. Review M&E progress report from partners and submit to related lines;
D. Accountability and Learning:
1. Regularly consult with male and female beneficiaries in communities to define indicators for project success, collate the community feedback
2. Establish feedback and response channel(s) that reflect the preferences of members of targeted communities. Liaise with program staff and partners to review and document the community feedback and respond accordingly on a quarterly basis
3. Ensure that projects are implementing in accordance with the MEAL plan.
4. Compile and submit reports and other required documents to MEAL Specialist in a timely high quality manner.
5. Provide informative and illustrative data (table, graphs, achievements…) to inform advocacy tools, fund mobilization tools and other mass media materials as needed by the country program, the region and HQ
6. Complete a Past Performance Reference (PPR) for each project and post to Project Gateway.
E. Capacity Strengthening to Local Partner Institutions and Staff to Implement and Utilize M&E Systems for Program Quality:
1. Strengthen capacity of partner staff on M&E Manual, Indicator Manual, data collection tools, how to use the data collected;
2. Support partner and staff to increase the data using for project decision and enabling supports;
3. Strengthen capacity of program staff to use Data Based Management System and tools;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Masters in Development Management, Economics, Sociology, Statistics, or other relevant field;
• 2-3 years of progressive responsibility in overseas relief and development programs;
• Minimum of 3 years program management experience including monitoring & evaluation, training, knowledge management and technical assistance.
• Proven knowledge in the database design and management
• Proven ability to be an effective and motivating mentor for team and partner staff of varying levels of responsibility, including experience supervising senior professionals.
• Understanding USG, Global Fund and major donor trends for M&E (is a plus).
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
• High level of proficiency in both English and Khmer (speaking, reading, writing).
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 40% of her/his time.
Interest candidate should submit their CV and covering letter, on or before October 31st, 2014
To CRS recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to CRS Cambodia Office:
House 14, Street 278, BKK I, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".