Microsoft’s Small and Mid-market Solutions & Partners (SMS&P) group has an indirect sales model based on effective recruitment, development, management, and support of an indirect sales channel through our Partners. The Partner Technology Advisor (PTA) is a senior technology sales role dedicated to the development of Partner practices. The job’s primary purpose is dedicated to developing Partners’ technology sales capabilities and co-selling on qualified opportunities. Some of the activities a PTA will engage in include: selecting and enabling high-potential “growth” Partners for in-depth capacity/skills development, working in active sales engagements with Partners on well-qualified opportunities as a part of their development, and delivering solution presentations at one-to-many breadth-Partner events. The PTA is the only role with a technology emphasis within the SMS&P field sales organization, and is focused on Partner solution practice development around Microsoft technologies. The development of Partner capacity through technology sales skills is a long-term investment; the PTA is the primary role to accomplish this. This work will demand a candidate with the ability to effectively collaborate with other roles to prioritize long-term investment with Partners as there may be pressure to focus on short-term revenue.
Building Partner Commitment
• Support the Partner in the Partner Business Planning (PBP), Partner portfolio development process, technical assessment, and sales pipeline reviews.
• Initial planning with select Partners some which will be selected for Practice Builder work to be owned by the PTA.
Develop Partner Capacity
• Assess Partner technical sales capacity by using the Practice Builder framework, applying an established set of criteria to provide a foundation for the Partner development plan with precise metrics, “gives and gets” (including co-selling support for three “First Win” deals.
• Develop a Partner Solution Plan (PSP) for each managed Partner per Microsoft solution area of focus to set measurable goals to grow the solution practice.
• Coordinated between the Partner Technology Advisor, and the Microsoft Partner Skills Development Manager, the PSP documents key development activities related to selling and delivering Microsoft solutions.
Partner (Co-)Sell / Value Sell
• Engage with Partners on well-qualified opportunities, through a defined, cross-organizational sales engagement process
• Coach Partners on effective product demonstration techniques and tools as necessary to ensure the Partners’ understanding and self-sufficiency.
• Support Partners in the competitive sales engagement process through PTA knowledge and by promoting integration and utilization of the appropriate benefits within the Microsoft Partner Network.
• Provide guidance on optimal technical solutions to both customers and Partners.
Manage insertion of appropriate Microsoft technology and sales resources on key opportunities at the appropriate time, depending on the managed Partner’s needs, and the deal’s strategic value to Microsoft.
• Present in 1:Few and 1:Many engagements and events that fit the following guidelines:
o Centered on workload solutions rather than simple product feature demonstrations.
o Supporting new product launches or strategic initiatives.
o Aimed at Partners in the SMS&P space.
Readiness and Development
• Utilize http://roleguide and a Training and Readiness roadmap to develop your understanding of the PTA function, tasks, deliverables, and core competencies.
• On the job learning through preparation for demonstrations and co-sales calls.
• Create a formal development plan leveraging http://performance.
• Attend meetings, trainings (TechReady), airlifts, summits, conference calls and utilize resources to support your personal readiness plan.
• Follow industry development and trends in your areas of expertise and become established as a thought leader among peers.
• Utilize appropriate customer relationship management (CRM) and Partner relationship management (PRM) tools to reflect work and keep current with managed Partners.
• Manage productivity against the PTA Standards by utilizing the appropriate PTA reporting tool.
• Experience in selling to Business Decision Makers highly desired.
• Ability to manage complex technology sales and enablement efforts.
• Keen understanding of consultative solution selling skills.
• Strong business intelligence.
• Understanding of the services model.
• Successful and proven performance in leveraged sales or business development.
• Teamwork and communication skills are critical.
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft’s products & channel model.
Successful candidates will be hired by EBM Co., Ltd. with a competitive package. Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org later than 21-November-2014.
Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.
The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,