The Non-Timber Forest Products –Exchange Programme (NTFP-EP) Asia is a collaborative, regional network of grassroots NGOs and peoples’ organizations that seeks to build the capacity of forest-based communities in the sustainable management of forests, and in particular, the conservation and trade of non-timber forest products. NTFP-EP implements programs in 6 Asian countries, deploys over 50 staff across the continent and maintains headquarters in Manila, Philippines and country offices in the Philippines, Cambodia and Indonesia. NTFP-EP works with over 80 local NGOs and community organizations across Asia. NTFP-EP works in particular to equip forest peoples in (re)building, maintaining and multiplying their support systems in sustainable forest management and livelihoods through practical, community based interventions and strategies. Such strategies include networking, exchanges, knowledge sharing, technical support in community based projects and enterprises, capacity building, advocacy and policy support. For more information please check our website www.ntfp.org.
The NTFP- EP Asia invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
The Country Director for NTFP-EP Cambodia is a member of the Asia regional management team and is lead representative for the NTFP-EP Asia branch in Cambodia. H/she must be a Cambodia national. The postholder shall lead the country management team; h/she shall coordinate and manage the country programme with an estimated annual budget of $1.1M for years 2015-2017. H/She will manage the timely planning and reporting of the country programme and different projects within it, and shall coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the programme. The Country Director ensures the over-all programme and financial accountability to NTFP-EP Asia and its donors and partners. The Country Director will also undertake networking, stakeholder engagement and manage partner relations and capacity building and projects support. The position is country programme focused – with active strategic engagements in NTFP-EP Asia regional initiatives.
• Educational background: anthropology, forestry, ecology, biodiversity conservation, social sciences, business management, economics or other related fields
• At least 8 years experience in development work, direct experience in forestry and community development and/or sustainable livelihoods preferred
• At least 5 years experience in organizational and programme management; and demonstrated leadership in the field/s of sustainable community based forest/ natural resource management, natural resources governance or biodiversity conservation.
• Strong personnel management, communication and networking skills
• Good technical writing and presentation skills
• Regional work experience is an advantage
Assignment location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Develop and maintain webpage design and publication materials (ie. poster, leaflet…)
• Assist translation of NTFP-EP publications when needed
• Develop communications and visibility manual for organizational programs
• Distribute reports or publications to stakeholders
• Act as a key contact person for media
• Perform other duties as instructed by line supervisor
Minimum required qualifications:
• University degree in public relations, media , IT or equivalent
• At least one year work experience in this particular field.
• Having good command of English/Khmer language,
Having good communication and negotiation skills is an additional advantage
For the full job description, please email [email protected] and indicate in the subject heading of your email, eg. Subject: NTFP-EP Cambodia Country Director. Please submit a cover letter of application noting also your salary expectation, with your latest CV, and at least 3 references to [email protected] and [email protected] on or before August 15, 2015. There is no need to attach certificates of training or courses attended. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Earliest start date is in September 2015.