The Maersk Group was founded in 1904 in Denmark. Since then, the Group has grown into the largest shipping & logistics provider in the world. Maersk Logistics / Damco is an independent company under the Danish Maersk Group. Our group activities includes: Retail, oil & gas, tankers & offshore, terminals and container business. We are a truly global company with over 300 offices in 90 + countries and employ over 11,300 employees.
Damco is part of the Maersk Group. The company was set up in Phnom Penh in 2003 as Maersk Logistics with commitment to grow in Cambodian market. With the group’s growth and business needs, Maersk Logistics was later re-branded in September 2009 to be known today as Damco Cambodia Ltd,.
We are focus in providing second to none logistics solutions to our customers which include:
- Import Export Logistics
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Ocean and Air Freight Forwarding
- Customs Clearance and Inland Haulage
If you are looking for a challenged and dynamic job, join us now to be a part of winning team to expose your potentiality and ambition for achievement.
1. Trade Lane and Network Sales Manager
Trade Lane management and Network sales are integral parts of Cambodia’s commercial strategy, directly supporting both regional and global strategic initiatives.
The role is designed to drive volume and profit (CM1) performance for both the AIR and OCEAN (OCE) product suite (this includes Value Added Service - VAS bundling), on specified focus trade lanes for Cambodia (US/Northern Europe/China/Japan). This includes actively promoting both internally and externally Damco Cambodia as a differentiated and credible service provider on each focus trade lane as well as participating in and leading commercial opportunities towards successful closure in cooperation with the defined stakeholders in the focus trade lanes.
The role is responsible for developing a collaborative ‘go-to-market’ strategy for each focus trade lane and thereafter collaborating both locally and within the Damco Network to ensure that growth targets, action plan, tools and work processes are designed, developed, coordinated and deployed, through mobilizing local and network resources to secure targeted results.
Driving the focus trade lanes to success will require extensive interaction and collaboration with Commercial Management, Field and Strategic Sales Channels, OCE and AIR Products, Procurement/Carrier Management – both locally and within focus trade lane partners.
In addition to the above, the Trade Lane and Network Sales Manager is responsible for driving and supporting Network business generation relating to specific opportunities that fall outside of the focus trade lanes. This includes for example supporting, as local owner, global Supply Chain Management new business opportunities with a link into Cambodia.
Job Scope& Responsibility
• Accountable for the strategy and campaign development for each focus trade lane, in collaboration with paired Network locations
• Responsible for the delivery of budgets and targets on each focus trade lane, from both volume and profit margin perspectives
• Responsible for the development of trade lane-specific presentation collateral and campaign material
• Responsible for generating Sales leads that contribute to the development of a robust pipeline controlled at Network paired locations in focus trade lanes.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a must-win customer list, containing controlled and non-controlled business opportunities in focus trade lanes from all the Sales channels and across all products.
• Responsible for both directly owning opportunities and personally contributing to the closure of the Field Sales-owned opportunities.
• The Trade Lane and Network Sales Manager will be the single point of contact and owner at origin of all Supply Chain Management related opportunities.
• Collaborate with Product and Carrier Management/Procurement teams both locally and in network paired locations to develop new and differentiated trade lane-specific products, customer value propositions and “go to market” strategies
• Responsible for providing a point of escalation for focus trade Lanes
• Responsible for visiting existing and potential customers overseas and contributing to the closure of opportunities in focus trade lanes controlled in Network countries.
• Responsible for supporting Network paired locations in the tender process for large opportunities in focus trade lanes.
Condition and Requirement
• Minimum of 2 years in some sort of commercial management responsibility within an international business environment
• Proven track record in Logistics and Freight Forwarding – and preferably in trade lane management/development
• Driving commercial development in a complex, network business environment (competitive market, multicultural organization, global network, matrix structure, many and changing stakeholders)
• Written and spoken English and Mandarin proficiency
• Working experience in one or more of the Trade Lane countries is an advantage
2. Business Controller
The Business Controller is responsible to support and monitor the quality of the job costing activity in the Customer Service Office. The Business Controller reports into the Operations function, preferably with a solid line to the Area CEO, but works very closely with Finance. The key objective of the role is to ensure that the financials handed over to Finance teams are accurate and in time to enable
• Financial reporting on time
• Subsequent financial processes to be carried out effectively
• Avoid revenue leakages and cost overpayments
• Ensure no accruals are made with no estimates in system
Job Scope& Responsibility
• Monitoring timely and accurate creation of cost and revenue estimates
• Monitoring timely and accurate invoicingand job closing process
• Assist team leader/manager in monitoring the negative profit margin jobs and check for other inaccuracies in job profitability
• Monitor difficult leakage charges like demurrage, detention, waiting time etc. and ensure they are being billed to customers
• Monitor interface and tickets in the system
• Propose monthly operational cost accruals including ageing to Finance
• Establish and implement process measures relevant for Business Controller activities
• Verify that ad-hoc charges received are billed to the customer
• Monitor all void billings done by the Error handlers
• Ensure that Bill of Ladings and Cargo are released according to Internal Operations Procedure and credit terms
• Monitoring timely resolution of invoice verification process exceptions
• Proactively monitor master data quality from customers and vendors
Condition and Requirement
• At least 2 years’ experience in managing large Operations / Customer service teams with minimum 3 years experience in the Logistics sector
• Experience in Sea Operations and wide exposure across all the logistics products & processes- Sea, Air, Value Added Service as including Trucking, Customs House Brokerage, Warehousing and Cargo-Insurance
• Strong operations excellence mindset coupled with an excellent understanding of the business
• Conveys a sense of urgency and persistently drives issues to closure
• Has ability to work under pressure to deadline
Interested candidates should send CV with recent photo, and cover letter to:
Damco (Cambodia) Ltd., Human Resources Department
No. 8A, Regency Complex – A (3rd Floor), near Intercontinental Hotel, 298 Mao TseToung Blvd,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Tel: +(855-23) 96 56 68, Fax: +(855-23) 424 708 www.damco.com
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st Aug 2014.
Please state the position name in the subject field of your email and indicate your salary expectation on your application. The applications will be considered in orders until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Late applicants or applications without the subject field of an email will not be considered.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".