The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking two qualified Cambodian candidates to fill the positions based in Phnom Penh with occasionally travel to provinces.
1. Land Security Project Coordinator
2. Forestry Rights Project Coordinator
Under the guidance and direct supervision of Land and Livelihood Program Manager, the project coordinators oversights activities as in their network action plans. The incumbents will present their own projects and their networks on related project issues and work in close collaboration with other project coordinators, core program and other programs of the NGO Forum, Civil Society, Development partners, and Government Officials ensuring successful project’s implementation.
• Master or Bachelor degree in land management/forestry management, development study, public policy, policy analysis or a related subject
• Minimum three-year work experience with NGOs in social development and advocacy
• In-depth knowledge of the land/forestry issues
• Demonstrated experience in advocacy work
• Demonstrated experience in Project Cycle Management
• Experience of preparing, monitoring and managing budget
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain professional network with CSOs and RGC
• Experience of working in team
• Excellent oral and written communication skill both Khmer and English;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit CV and cover letter specify clearly the position apply for, expected salary, and how they find the job advertisement to the NGO Forum no later than 25th January 2015 (5:00 pm) via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Hard copy applications are not accepted. For more details about the NGO Forum and Job Description please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".