Hagar is an international NGO founded in Cambodia in 1994, committed to the recovery and empowerment of individuals who are victims of human rights abuse; particularly domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Hagar Cambodia is now looking for a qualified Expatriate candidate to fulfill the position of “Legal & Protection Unit Manager” to provide overall strategic management and leadership in the Legal & Protection Unit of Hagar Cambodia. This position will be based in Phnom Penh.
Key requirements include:
• Bachelor Degree in Law and legal qualification to practise law in a foreign jurisdiction
• Understand the national and international legal frameworks, especially protection of victims in criminal investigations and court proceedings.
• Good working knowledge of international human rights / child rights instruments
• Legal experience in legal practice or organization (in capacity as a lawyer)
• At least 3 years relevant experience in advocating for child/human rights and child protection matters, preferably experience working with victims of trafficking and other forms of severe human rights abuse
• An effective leader and manager.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Committed to client protection (including children)
• Responsiveness (especially for crisis situations)
Interested candidates are asked to download the job description and application form from www.hagarinternational.org/employment and then submit with their CV and a cover letter. The cover letter must address each of the Selection Criteria as individual bullet points. Only candidates meeting all of the essential criteria will be considered. Please send to email@example.com
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.