Hagar is an international NGO founded in Cambodia in 1994, committed to the recovery and empowerment of individuals who are victims of human rights abuse; particularly domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Hagar Cambodia is now looking for a qualified Expatriate candidate to fulfill the position of “Legal & Protection Unit Manager” to provide overall strategic management and leadership in the Legal & Protection Unit of Hagar Cambodia. This position will be based in Phnom Penh.
Key requirements include:
• Bachelor Degree in Law and legal qualification to practise law in a foreign jurisdiction
• Understand the national and international legal frameworks, especially protection of victims in criminal investigations and court proceedings.
• Good working knowledge of international human rights / child rights instruments
• Legal experience in legal practice or organization (in capacity as a lawyer)
• At least 3 years relevant experience in advocating for child/human rights and child protection matters, preferably experience working with victims of trafficking and other forms of severe human rights abuse
• An effective leader and manager.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Committed to client protection (including children)
• Responsiveness (especially for crisis situations)
Interested candidates are asked to download the job description and application form from www.hagarinternational.org/employment and then submit with their CV and a cover letter. The cover letter must address each of the Selection Criteria as individual bullet points. Only candidates meeting all of the essential criteria will be considered. Please send to [email protected]