The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is supporting the Cambodian Ministry of Women’s Affairs to change attitudes and prevent violence so that women and girls can feel safe in their homes, in the workplace and in their communities. The DFAT supported, Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Program (PIPV), seeks to reduce rates of IPV by promoting comprehensive primary prevention strategies and interventions that reduce or eliminate specific risk factors (alcohol abuse and media exposure) and strengthen or establish protective factors for the prevention of IPV.
The Asia Foundation (TAF) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Media Analyst.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Design the framework/format for the quarterly reports;
• Consolidates findings and analysis of media monitoring and TV market surveys against regulatory benchmarks in a four-page quarterly report;
• Present findings at the quarterly Sector Specialist Subgroup meetings; and,
• Produce a final report (no more than 15 pages) that summarizes key findings and recommendations from analysis and feedback from the Sector Specialist Subgroup meetings.
The consultancy will be for a period of approximately 25 working days between February 2016 and February 2017.
Education and Qualifications
• Advanced university degree in social sciences.
• Strong analytical and communication skills;
• Demonstrated experience in the field of communications, media, violence against women and gender;
• Experience working with and maintaining good relations with international, national and local counterparts and beneficiaries;
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to document clearly and succinctly for internal and external audiences;
• Fluency in English required; and
• Preferred: Fluency in Khmer.
To apply for this consultancy, please send the following documents to Ms. Kong Sina at email@example.com:
• A CV/resume;
• A concise cover letter explaining why the applicant is qualified for the job, including a proposed per diem consultant fee.
A detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) is available upon request. Application should be submitted by February 29, 2016 with the subject line: “Media Analyst.”
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".