The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office,is seeking medical technical assistance of an individual consultant or a team of two consultants to provide commissioning assistance of installing, assembling, repairing and delivering training on the use of medical equipment provided to the health facilities in Cambodia.
The Complete Terms of Reference is available at http://www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_20966.html
This study has the following specific objectives:
• To assemble / install and make it ready-to-use medical equipment in all 14 health centers, 8 operational districts, 3 provinces (Kampot, Kampong Thom and Kep)
• Perform user trainings in Khmer language for all the relevant health practitioners in all 14 health centers. If necessary, technicalconsultant may involve the services of a translator.
• It will be a sole responsibility of a consultant, however, to verify the technical capacity / technical knowledge of the translator to ensure the adequacy of translation services.
• Prepare and distribute maintenance and operations manual in Khmer language for all medical equipment;
• Improve capacity through a quality training, the utilization of modern equipment and technology and the assimilation of international best practices in training.
• While representing UNICEF, liaise with all health centers to ensure fully functional equipment which meets all national infrastructural development requirements
• Issue to UNICEF final certificate of installation completion upon satisfactory commissioning of all equipment, signed of / endorsed by all 14 health centers
• Issue to UNICEF final report documenting the process, identifying successes and challenges experienced
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Eligible technical consultants can apply individually, and/or team up with the national consultants / translators for the commissioning assistance in Khmer language.
• University degree in engineering (preferably bio-medical), and/or relevant training in health care technology
• 3 or more years of relevant work experience in equipment management including installation, commissioning and maintenance of medical equipment for hospitals or health care centers
• Demonstrated past experience with similar projects.
• Fluency in written and verbal English, and working knowledge of Khmer preferred.
• Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
• Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and Powerpoint.
Duration of Contract: Up to 14 working days with the intended commencement date of the contract – end Jan / beg Feb 2014
Applications shall be addressed to: UNICEF Cambodia, Supply Section, No. 11, Street 75, SangkatSraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or email to email@example.com Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday threatened to unleash war on the opposition party if he loses patience with their campaign for the June 4 commune