SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is looking for:
National Advisor on Waste to Energy Technologies
To be based in Phnom Penh with frequent travel
SNV with financial support of the European Union SWITCH Asia programmeis implementing a project called “Waste to Energy for the Rice Milling Sector in Cambodia”.
This 4 year project (2012-2015)is addressing the development of a viable market for the gasification technology by focusing on three main results areas;
- The establishment of a high quality, professional, manufacturing sector which can produce the technology in Cambodia
- The development of a national standard for the technology, combined with an operational licensing procedure to ensure high quality application of the technology and minimizing health & safety and environmental hazards
- The development of business plans with rice mill owners to invest in the installation of the technology and the capacity development of their staff for the operation of the gasifiers.
We are looking for a competent, motivated, result-oriented individual to fill the available vacancy of National Advisor on Waste to Energy Technologies.
Specific Tasks for the position
Under the overall guidance of SNV Management and project team leader the expert will provide advisory services to the partners in the project and the project associates on the steps needed in the process to establish a viable gasifier technology manufacturing industry in Cambodia.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinate with project partners the selection and testing of gasifying technologies for the standard setting process;
- Advise project partners on training curriculum design for training of technicians, manufacturers and selected government experts;
- Provide expert inputs to the multi-stakeholder drafting process of a national quality standards for gasification technology;
- Provide expert inputs to the business development and investment component of the project; and
- Contribute to knowledge development and documentation of the project as well as reporting to the EU
Qualifications of the Candidate
- A Master Degree (or higher) in Renewable Energy or other technology development field
- At least 5 years of experience in Participatory Technology Development and Vocational Training
- Experiences in providing advisory services to Government, Private Enterprises and NGOs
- Experience in contributing to multi-stakeholder processes
- Strong Intercultural capacity development skills
- Proven experience with planning, monitoring, evaluation and program management.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, coaching and communication skills in English and Khmer
- Good writing skills in English and Khmer; able to write case studies and share knowledge.
- A self-motivated achiever with excellent leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills. Proficient in MS word & excel at advanced level.
- Willingness to travel in Cambodia
Contract period: 12 months with possible extension
Desired Start Date: November 2014
How to apply?
Applications should be sent via email to SNVCambodiaJobs@snvworld.org
Deadline: before 17:00 (Cambodian time), 24th October, 2014
i) A motivation letter;
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae;
iii) Names and contact details of two professional referees.
iv) Concrete examples of proven experiences as indicated above will be an added value.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org/Cambodia
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".