Winrock International is seeking for a qualified National Consultant (Cambodian or Expatriate) to conduct a survey for the USAID Lowering Emissions in Asia’s Forests (LEAF) and the Supporting Forests and Biodiversity (SFB) Project in Cambodia. The position is based in Phnom Penh with travel to provinces if required.
In close coordination with SFB’s Chief of Party and LEAF’s Senior Policy Advisor, the consultant will approach and consult with private sector stakeholders in the land and forestry sector to determine ways in which these actors could become (or already are) engaged in efforts to reduce deforestation and forest degradation. In particular the consultant will undertake tasks stated in Term of Reference.
• Proven experience and excellent ability to conduct research and analysis.
• An understanding of deforestation and business issues in Cambodia and experience of working with private sector in the context of agricultural development or forestry in Cambodia.
• Ability to formulate a survey document, conduct a survey, and compile information and formulate that information to a useful document.
• Knowledge of REDD+ and forestry related climate change issues, or the ability to quickly gain this knowledge.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills;
If you meet the qualifications listed above please send us your 1) Detailed CV, 2) Position and Salary History, and 3) Three Professional References, to USAID Supporting Forests and Biodiversity, Building F, Room 588, Phnom Penh Center, Phnom Penh, or email to [email protected], no later than July 4, 2014. For a copy of the detailed Terms of Reference, call the office at 023 220 714 and we’ll send you an electronic copy.
The SFB Project is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.