Foundation for International Development/Relief (FIDR), a non-governmental humanitarian organization working for social development of Cambodia since 1992, announces a vacant position for Cambodian nationals working on the Nutrition and Diet Management Project based in Phnom Penh.
(2) Position: Nutrition Coordinator
Project: Nutrition and Diet Management
Term of Contract: Annual, full-time
Base Location: Phnom Penh
Start: April 2014
Opportunity: Equal to male and female
Nutrition coordinator takes overall responsibilities of the project as follows:
• Ensure and monitor all activities are completed following the project timeline and achieving the project purpose.
• Assist supervisor to prepare training materials, lessons and organize training schedules.
• Assist supervisor to collect data/information related to nutrition screening at outpatient department and nutrition assessment training at wards, and anthropometry trainings.
• Assist supervisor and Nutrition Specialist to conduct research on National Dietary Guideline for school aged children.
• Build good cooperation and understanding between FIDR and project counterparts as well as relevant agencies
• Assist supervisor to review and revise the project activities in cooperation with counterparts.
• Facilitate in training, workshop and seminar.
• Further and other duties required by supervisor.
An applicant should meet all the requirements below:
• Bachelor degree in nutrition, health science or other majors related to nutrition development.
• 5 years experience in health and nutrition.
• Excellent communication/coordination skills, both written and inter-personal, including solid English skills.
• Computer literate with competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management etc.
• Creative and flexible person who can work well under pressure.
• Willing to work in remote areas, long hours and weekends as required.
Closing date for all applications: 24th February, 2014 at 5:00pm
Tentative date of interviews: Monday 3rd March, 2014
Interested candidates are advised to send CVs with a cover letter and two names of referees to Human Resource of FIDR, (# 82F, St. 210, Sangkat Tuek La-ak 3, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh), or by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone: 023 880 655, Fax: 023 880 755, Website: www.fidr.or.jp/english/
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Opposition president Kem Sokha assured voters that all military members would maintain their rank should the CNRP take power in the 2018 national e