Foundation for International Development/Relief (FIDR), a non-governmental humanitarian organization working for social development of Cambodia since 1992, announces a vacant position for Cambodian nationals working on the Nutrition and Diet Management Project based in Phnom Penh.
(1) Position: Nutrition Specialist
Project: Nutrition and Diet Management
Term of Contract: Annual, full-time
Base Location: Phnom Penh
Start: April 2014
Opportunity: Equal to male and female
Nutrition specialist takes overall responsibilities of the project as follows:
• Create hospital guideline on nutrition screening, nutrition assessment and nutrition education.
• Create hospital nutrition management manual.
• Develop training curriculum and IEC materials on diet management, nutrition management and nutrition education.
• Provide TOT on diet management, nutrition management and nutrition education.
• Advise relevant institutions on nutrition management, diet management including menu development and nutrition education.
• Provide professional advice on creating National Dietary Guideline for school aged children.
• Support supervisor to conduct research on developing above-mentioned guideline.
• Write research reports on above-mentioned guideline.
• Write articles for FIDR Tokyo newsletter and FIDR Cambodia newsletter and website.
• Assist supervisor to produce grant proposals and other documents on project activities including monthly, quarterly, semi annual, annual plans and reports.
• Assist supervisor to review and revise the project activities in cooperation with counterparts.
• Further and other duties required by supervisor.
An applicant should meet all the requirements below:
• Cambodian national. Master degree in nutrition, health science or other related field.
• 5 years work experience in health or nutrition project is highly valued.
• Experience in nutrition research, surveying, data collection and analysis.
• Experience in grant proposal writing.
• Innovative and creative in program design and implementation.
• Excellent communication skills and command of written and oral English and Khmer.
• Solid commitment to the nutrition development in Cambodia.
• Computer literate with competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis etc.
Closing date for application: 24th February, 2014 at 5:00pm
Tentative date of interviews: Tuesday 4th March, 2014
Interested candidates are advised to send CVs with a cover letter and two names of referees to Human Resource of FIDR, (# 82F, St. 210, Sangkat Tuek La-ak 3, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh), or by E-mail (email@example.com).
Telephone: 023 880 655, Fax: 023 880 755, Website: www.fidr.or.jp/english/
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".