Foundation for International Development/Relief (FIDR), a non-governmental humanitarian organization working for social development of Cambodia since 1992, announces a vacant position for Cambodian nationals working on the Nutrition and Diet Management Project based in Phnom Penh.
(1) Position: Nutrition Specialist
Project: Nutrition and Diet Management
Term of Contract: Annual, full-time
Base Location: Phnom Penh
Start: April 2014
Opportunity: Equal to male and female
Nutrition specialist takes overall responsibilities of the project as follows:
• Create hospital guideline on nutrition screening, nutrition assessment and nutrition education.
• Create hospital nutrition management manual.
• Develop training curriculum and IEC materials on diet management, nutrition management and nutrition education.
• Provide TOT on diet management, nutrition management and nutrition education.
• Advise relevant institutions on nutrition management, diet management including menu development and nutrition education.
• Provide professional advice on creating National Dietary Guideline for school aged children.
• Support supervisor to conduct research on developing above-mentioned guideline.
• Write research reports on above-mentioned guideline.
• Write articles for FIDR Tokyo newsletter and FIDR Cambodia newsletter and website.
• Assist supervisor to produce grant proposals and other documents on project activities including monthly, quarterly, semi annual, annual plans and reports.
• Assist supervisor to review and revise the project activities in cooperation with counterparts.
• Further and other duties required by supervisor.
An applicant should meet all the requirements below:
• Cambodian national. Master degree in nutrition, health science or other related field.
• 5 years work experience in health or nutrition project is highly valued.
• Experience in nutrition research, surveying, data collection and analysis.
• Experience in grant proposal writing.
• Innovative and creative in program design and implementation.
• Excellent communication skills and command of written and oral English and Khmer.
• Solid commitment to the nutrition development in Cambodia.
• Computer literate with competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis etc.
Closing date for application: 24th February, 2014 at 5:00pm
Tentative date of interviews: Tuesday 4th March, 2014
Interested candidates are advised to send CVs with a cover letter and two names of referees to Human Resource of FIDR, (# 82F, St. 210, Sangkat Tuek La-ak 3, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh), or by E-mail ([email protected]).
Telephone: 023 880 655, Fax: 023 880 755, Website: www.fidr.or.jp/english/