IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. Working with private enterprises in more than 100 countries, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to help eliminate extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity. In FY13, our investments climbed to an all-time high of nearly $25 billion, leveraging the power of the private sector to create jobs and tackle the world’s most pressing development challenges. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
In the Mekong region, our advisory services are delivered in partnership with Canada, the European Union, Finland, Ireland, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and Switzerland.
To help Cambodia improve its business environment, specifically in the area of conflict resolution, IFC has been supporting the government and private sectors since 2009 to establish a well-functioning National Commercial Arbitration Center (NCAC – formerly known as NAC). Following the recruitment of the first group of arbitrator candidates in early 2010, IFC has supported the training of NCAC’s arbitrators. The training program which covers Cambodian Commercial Laws Course Commercial Arbitration Skills was completed in March 2014.
The NCAC was officially launched on March 4, 2013. Following the launch, IFC signed a Cooperation Agreement with the NCAC to provide direct technical assistance for the period from July 2013 to December 2014. This support includes advisory services on management and operation of the center, continued capacity building for arbitrators and promotion of center’s services.
As a continuing support, IFC proposes to hire a technical consultant for around 70 working-days to provide technical and operational supports to the Executive Board of the NCAC between May 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
Working closely with IFC team members, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
• Support the NCAC Executive Board in the process of finalizing and adopting of all required internal documents for operations of the NCAC;
• Support the NCAC Executive Board to organize the General Assembly and other meetings;
• Support the NCAC Executive Board in the implementation of the activities planned and other policies adopted by the Executive Board; and
• Support the NCAC Executive Board to secure funding for the first three years of NCAC’s operation;
Interested candidates are expected to have the following qualification:
• At least a Master Degree in Business Administration, Development Studies, or other related fields
• At least ten years of working experience with at least 5 years in managerial level
• Sound knowledge of commercial legal framework in Cambodia
• Sound knowledge of commercial transactions and business communities in Cambodia
• Good understanding of the political economy of the law enforcement in Cambodia
• Good relationship management and people skills
• Fluent in English
Applications should be in English and submitted electronically through https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html, selection #1139439 or directly to Ms. Tonie Tan with address:
5th Floor, Phnom Penh Tower, #445, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: 023 863 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Application should be submitted by April 10, 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.