The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Pediatrician position for the Health Unit Office, Department of State.
The physician in this position will provide outpatient care medical services at the Embassy Medical Unit to patients covered under the Department of State Medical Program (235 personnel) plus Occupational Health coverage for local staff (385 personnel). During the absence of the Foreign Service Health Practitioner (FSHP), the incumbent will provide medical supervision of the Medical Unit staff and be available for after-hours medical consultations and referrals. This position requires high Public Trust Certification.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 28,827 – 44,687.
1. Medical degree from U.S. Medical School and U.S. Professional Board Certification in pediatrics is required.
2. Five (5) years of clinical experience in pediatrics including medical residency and including time involved in direct patient care.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English, with ability to present medical findings in a clear and concise manner to medical and non-medical personnel is required.
4. Must hold a current medical license in a U.S state, unrestricted DEA number and current board certification in Pediatrics.
5. Must possess a high degree of integrity, decisiveness and fairness in order to equitably apply the regulations and policies of the medical program to all eligible persons.
6. Must have knowledge of the Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
The application deadline is May 26, 2015 (Deadline extended). Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.