The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Procurement Agent position in the General Services Office.
The Procurement Agent is responsible for local and overseas procurements, ordering commodities and services using purchase orders, delivery orders, contracts and purchase cards. The incumbent will be required to request quotations, analyze bids, negotiate prices, and be involved in the end to end contracting process.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 9,216 – 14,286.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Public Administration or Finance is required.
2. Three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of procurement, contracting or purchasing is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have general office management and computer skills.
5. Must be able to deal with customers with patience and tact, and to work under pressure.
6. Good knowledge of overseas and local market conditions and practices in terms of commodities and service availability is required.
The application deadline is July 22, 2014. Interested candi-dates must submit applications by email to
RecruitmentPHP@state.gov using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
Even though games such as “Fight for the leaf” or “Hide the towel” are traditionally played during the Khmer New Year holidays
One of 23 islands in the sea of Koh Kong, Koh Kmoch (Ghost Island) has a wealth of corals and other sealife visible through its crystal clear water.
In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.