Habitat for Humanity® International is a Christian non-discriminatory, non-profit organization dedicated to working with low income families to build simple, affordable and decent homes in Cambodia. Habitat for Humanity Cambodia (HFH Cambodia) is seeking one qualified and experienced Cambodian National to fill the position of Procurement Officer based in Phnom Penh office.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement of HFH Cambodia’s goods and services. She/he is responsible to effectively coordinate the procurement and purchasing practices and activities within HFH Cambodia operations and programs, to develop and implement procurement policy, procedures and strategy that meet the procurement needs of all departments and programs and to maximize savings and benefits available to the HFH Cambodia from purchasing activities.
Skills, Attribute and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting or finance or other related fields.
2. At least 3 years work experience in procurement and purchasing plus 2 years work experience in administration in a similar size NGO or company familiar with this position.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of Cambodia Procurement Laws and international procurement standard.
4. Extensive knowledge of Contract Law and its application to the purchasing processes.
5. Self-motivated, possesses a positive outlook, flexible and able to work without close supervision and when under pressure.
6. Very resourceful, able to coordinate multiple tasks. Excellent team player, creative, out-going and has outstanding organizational skills.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, stakeholder and suppliers.
8. Demonstrated effective verbal, presentation and communications skills. Good English speaking and writing skills.
9. Excellence coordination, negotiation and customer service skills.
10. Good analytical skills, good judgment and must be accurate.
11. Technical writing skills in Khmer and English are required. Excellent in Khmer using technical terminology.
12. Comprehensive knowledge of licensing requirements, insurance, and bonding requirements.
13. Computer proficient in Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
Interested candidates should apply with a completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Habitat for Humanity Cambodia office at #35Bis, Street 478, Sangkat Phsar Deum Tkov, Khan Chamcar Morn, Phnom Penh or through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18, 2014 at 5.00pm.
Application without a completed application form is not acceptable.
To download application form and job description, please visit our website: www.habitatcambodia.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday threatened to unleash war on the opposition party if he loses patience with their campaign for the June 4 commune