Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia to realize economic growth and poverty reduction.
The newly recruited staff will be assigned to the Procurement Section of the office. The staff will be based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to the provinces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To initiate procurement of JICA Cambodia Office such as preparing internal approval documents by collecting necessary information, organizing price competitions, and preparation of contact, etc.
2. To monitor on-going contracts.
3. To arrange the payment of those contracts.
4. To prepare documentation for custom clearance.
5. To make annual and weekly plan for procurement.
6. To maintain suppliers’ list of JICA Cambodia Office.
7. To inform procurement regulation to internal staff.
8. To report monthly financial planning internally.
9. To manage the procurement issues related to ODA Loan projects and attend the related meetings.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree or advanced degree would be of a great advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum three to five years of professional experience directly working on procurement, accounting, or business administration, etc.
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3 years.
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant DP(s).
3. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to Kitazawa.Yukiko@jica.go.jp. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is 19th September, 2014.
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy)
3. Credentials (1 copy)
1. Starting date will be the middle or end of October, 2014.
2. Initial contract term is from the date of commencement till the end of September 2015, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.
Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.
The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,
As the National Election Committee launched into the recount proc
Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking