Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its representative office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working together with the people of Cambodia to realize economic growth and poverty reduction.
The newly recruited staff will be assigned to the Procurement Section of the office. The staff will be based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to the provinces.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To initiate procurement of JICA Cambodia Office such as preparing internal approval documents by collecting necessary information, organizing price competitions, and preparation of contact, etc.
2. To monitor on-going contracts.
3. To arrange the payment of those contracts.
4. To prepare documentation for custom clearance.
5. To make annual and weekly plan for procurement.
6. To maintain suppliers’ list of JICA Cambodia Office.
7. To inform procurement regulation to internal staff.
8. To report monthly financial planning internally.
9. To manage the procurement issues related to ODA Loan projects and attend the related meetings.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree or advanced degree would be of a great advantage.
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum three to five years of professional experience directly working on procurement, accounting, or business administration, etc.
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3 years.
1. Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant DP(s).
3. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA’s regulation on accounting and procurement
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to Kitazawa.Yukiko@jica.go.jp. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is 19th September, 2014.
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy)
3. Credentials (1 copy)
1. Starting date will be the middle or end of October, 2014.
2. Initial contract term is from the date of commencement till the end of September 2015, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern