The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is Switzerland's Governmental Cooperation Agency within the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (Swiss Ministry of Foreign Affairs). SDC is responsible for overall development activities and for the humanitarian aid delivered by the Swiss Confederation. SDC in the Mekong region focuses on Cambodia, Vietnam, Lao PDR, and Myanmar. It aims at reducing poverty, specifically improving the living conditions of poor and marginalized people in the four countries, and at the socio-economic integration within the ASEAN-region.
The Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) in Cambodia supports the Royal Government of Cambodia to reduce poverty through a focus on Local Governance and Citizen Participation, Agriculture and Food Security, and on Employment and Skills Development. SDC/SCO Cambodia is looking for a dynamic Cambodian National to fill the position of:
The PO will support the Program Manager in steering the Local Governance and Citizen's Participation program in close cooperation with relevant key stakeholders in government, development partners and civil society.
Major tasks and responsibilities for the position include:
• Supports the planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of assigned projects and programmes;
• Participates in the sector-related aid coordination and policy dialogue;
• Supports in further development of sector and linking it with the other sectors especially in Agriculture and Food Security and Employment and Skills Development;
• Supports in identifying a potential partners and strengthening of partnership in the area of responsibility;
• Contributes to the monitoring of the country strategy, and the formulation of annual reporting and planning;
• Follow up and update on an overall country political context and human rights situation;
• Follow up and monitoring on small action support in the area of responsibility;
Required professional experience, competencies and qualification:
• Degree in political science, public administration and/or other related development fields;
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in project and program management;
• Good knowhow in governance reform, human rights and rule of law;
• Good knowledge in Cambodia's political development and governance culture;
• Proficiency in English language;
• Very good skills in computer application including MS Word, Excel, Internet and Microsoft outlook;
• Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and being able to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels;
• Being a good team player, open to the new procedures and flexible to the changing environment.
The position is based in a multi-cultural environment that places a high value on flexibility and inclusive team work. The position holder will work closely with all levels of Government and NGOs and interact with local people from all over the country. The duty station is based in Phnom Penh but requires in-country and occasionally international travel.
SDC is a value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition. In order to foster gender equality priority is given to the female applicants.
Please send a one page application letter explaining why we should consider you to be the ideal candidate for the position and your expected salary plus an updated CV (incl. 3 references and copies of certificates) to: The Recruitment Consultant, HR Inc. Co., Ltd. No. 10 Street 242, Phnom Penh, or E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about SDC and our program please visit: www.sdcmekong.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th April 2015.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. SDC does not return application files.