AMK Microfinance Institution is the largest microfinance institution in Cambodia with number of customers over 400,000, more than 2,000 staff, and branch offices in every province in the country.
Job Title : Project and Portfolio Risk Manager
Report to : Chief Risk Officer
Location : Head Office
Closing Date : January 26, 2016
• Embed risk strategy and enterprise risk management framework in business decision making to optimize risk weighted return
• Define, formulate, and review risk policies/procedures to align with the growth target segments
• Strengthen risk management practices including monitoring of all risk exposures – liquidity, Fx, operational, deposit run-off, and credit risk management
• Lead the integration of analytical risk assessment methodologies into business decision making at transaction and portfolio level.
• Develop analytic tools/solutions and deliver analytic insights to support various anticipatory approaches in regulatory capital management and portfolio risk management
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to develop risk monitoring tools, risk MIS, and portfolio reports to ensure portfolio risk scorecards effectiveness
• Perform industry & segment risk analysis, recommend appropriate portfolio criteria and actions for and ensure implementation to support both deposit and loan portfolio growth initiatives.
• Work proactively and closely with business managers to improve business risk analytics processes.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative portfolio analysis & stress testing methodologies/models to estimate portfolio vulnerability under stress and assess the impact on the business.
• Conduct and periodically review the risk assessment of AMK’s counterparties, products, and any projects in AMK and provide recommendations to senior management and risk committee for approval
• Manage emerging projects related to regulatory and risk analytics initiatives.
• Support major credit initiation system projects to establish and enhance credit risks as well as implement credit projects as assigned
• Monitor and strengthen credit administration procedures and collection efforts to ensure that management of problem loan is efficient, and that recovery process, provisioning, and write-offs are adequate.
• Perform other administrative duties required to maintain healthy balance sheet and portfolio
Qualification and Experiences:
• Degree in Business, Applied Finance, Banking, or similar tertiary qualifications
• At least 3 years of working experience in banking or financial institution in the area of risk management, business, operation, credit, and deposit.
• Experience in retail banking is a plus.
• Experience in data analysis and portfolio modelling
• Ability to connect analytical insights with business decisions
• Ability to lead and support end-to-end projects
• Understanding of asset-liability management of financial institution
• Ability to work independently with strong result orientation and teamwork spirit
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Khmer
• Possess positive thinking mindset and can-do attitude
• Experience in change management
AMK offers a competitive salary, quarterly performance incentive, Khmer New Year bonus, pension fund benefit, accident insurance, full medical cost reimbursement for employee, spouse and dependent. Working conditions comply with Cambodian labor law.
Interested candidates should apply by sending a CV and a cover letter to: AMK branch offices or Head Office, Building #: 285, Yothapol Khmerarak Phoumin Blvd (271), Sangkat Tumnub Teuk, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. PO Box: 480. E-mail: email@example.com. For additional information, please contact at Tel: (855) 23 993 062 | (855) 23 86 14 61 visiting website: www.amkcambodia.com. AMK is an equal opportunity employment. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".