at KfW Office Phnom Penh
KfW is Germany’s state owned bank and belongs to the leading and most experienced promotional banks in the world. An integral part of our global engagement is development finance. On behalf of the German Federal Government we finance and accompany development projects and programmes around the world. With funds provided by the German Government and our own funds, we support and finance economic and social progress in Cambodia. Focal areas of our current support and investments are rural infrastructure (e.g. roads, markets), health, the financial sector and the protection and management of natural resources. We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Project Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
A) Project Coordination
• Assist the project teams at KfW headquarters in identification and preparation of projects by collecting, analyzing and providing relevant sector information to the respective colleagues at headquarters and in the country office;
• Contribute to the efficiency of the project implementation by regularly monitoring the implementation process, reporting to headquarters on project progress, identifying obstacles and contributing ideas on how to overcome them;
• Coordinate among and assist the implementing agencies such as various Cambodian ministries, as well as other local and international partners (such as consultants and contractors working on a particular project) in resolving issues arising during the whole project cycle.
B) Local Representation
• Participate in and contribute to sector technical working groups, meetings and workshops with government, international development partner and further relevant stakeholders;
• Liaise and coordinate with government line ministries, international development partners and other stakeholders working in the same sectors;
• Coordinate with other German development institutions in providing project and sector information.
• Represent KfW Office during official events, such as inaugurations, presentations.
C) Logistical Support
• Prepare and accompany project team missions during their visits to Cambodia for project appraisals, annual reviews and evaluations. This includes support in organising and coordinating working agendas and appointments, project mission schedules and fixing administrative and logistical arrangements of official travel, meetings, workshops, etc. It also includes oral and written translations to missions if required.
• Higher university degree (equal to MA) preferably in economics or social sciences, health studies or development and engineering studies (incl. agriculture/rural development) or other related subjects;
• Working experience of at least 3 years in project coordination/project management, in governmental institutions, bi- and multilateral organisations, the private sector or with NGOs;
• In-depth understanding of development issues in Cambodia as well as good knowledge and overview of government policies and strategies as well as government procedure;
• Good analytical and communication skills in Khmer and English (spoken and written). Knowledge of German language will be a plus;
• Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication, computer literacy and familiarity with standard office software packages;
• Ability and willingness to work in a small team and in close cooperation with the colleagues of KfW headquarter in Frankfurt;
• Ability and willingness to frequently accompany missions from the headquarters in Frankfurt to the field and limited travelling abroad.
• Knowledge or work experience in one or more of KfW’s focal areas in the fields of rural development and infrastructure, health, financial sector or in the field of natural resource management would be a strong asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter stating how you meet the requirement together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae (maximum of 2 pages), salary expectation, names and contacts of two professional references from different institutions who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experience. Women are encouraged to apply. All application documents will be treated confidentially and will not be returned to the applicant. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications online to email@example.com not later than 19th January 2015. Please attach only copies of original certificates and other documents.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".