Title: Project Director
Duration: 2 years fixed term contract/attachment
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We believe in the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world. We are currently working on a governance project supported by the UNDP and Sweden and a sexual reproductive health project supported by the UNFPA.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Project Director will be responsible for the overall management and delivery of the Loy9 project, and potentially other governance projects as they are secured.
• Lead and manage the delivery of the Loy9 and other projects in Cambodia on time and on budget.
• Support the creative development, editorial direction and production management of multimedia outputs, working closely with the TV and Interactive staff.
• Develop and manage effective relationships with funding agencies, stakeholders and partners, as well as with advisors and other staff in BBC Media Action headquarters and the wider BBC.
• Develop, manage and forecast project budgets, and complete timely financial and narrative reporting for internal and donor use.
Essential skills and experience
• Considerable experience developing and managing complex projects, ideally in the media or development sectors.
• Demonstrable understanding and commitment to international development, including the use of media for developmental goals.
• Experience working with radio/television production staff, working on a range of outputs.
• Significant experience in the effective management of diverse teams, including personnel development and capability management.
• Strong financial management skills, including experience of managing large budgets and knowledge of the reporting requirements of funders.
• Confident public speaker with experience of presentations to colleagues, donors and stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and diplomatic skills, including experience working with colleagues whose first language is not English.
• Proven ability to develop and secure new business, including ability to develop new business ideas and present these persuasively to potential partners and funders, and write successful proposals.
Interested applicants should refer to the full job description on line and then submit a CV with an introduction letter detailing skills and outlining what they can bring to the job.
Please apply on-line at: http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Project-Director/6414
Only short-listed candidates will be called to attend an interview. Closing date is the 4th of February.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".