Phnom Penh with travel to provinces
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We believe in the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world.
Overall Purpose of Job: To lead on project implementation and support the production teams and foster good relationships with stakeholders and partners.
• Ensure project objectives are achieved on time and within budget
• Write monthly and quarterly reports on project activities
• Ensure effective communication and liaison with donors and stakeholders
• Organise internal and external meetings and represent the project
• Advise on organizational and project strategy
• Advise the Country Director on partnerships and issues relevant to the project
• Explore new business opportunities and assist with writing concept notes and proposals
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• At least a Bachelor degree in a related field
• Demonstrable experience of working in the development sector
• Significant management experience
• Good general knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of using media for development
• Experience of report writing in English and overseeing large budgets
• Strong decision-making and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English
• Excellent IT knowledge including with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in behaviour change communications would be an advantage
• Media production experience would also be a considerable advantage
Interested applicants should submit a CV with an introduction letter detailing skills and outlining what they can bring to the job. Please do not include certificates. Send to: BBC Media Action, #296 (4th - 7th floor), St. 271, Sangkat Toul Tompung II, Khan Chamkarmorn, P.O. Box 155, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 023 997 435.
Only short-listed candidates will be called to attend an interview. Closing Date: 13th June 2014. The BBC is an equal opportunities employer.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Last year, Pung Chhiv Kek was awarded the Legion d’Honneur, France’s highest decoration, for services to peace-building and human rights.
After more than a millennium in existence, Cambodia’s traditional two-stringed chapey has finally gone electric.