BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We believe in the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to
inform, connect and empower people around the world.
Overall Purpose of Job: To lead the radio team members consists of Producers, Assistants and Presenters to develop and implement an innovative new entertainment phone-in radio show that links clearly and effectively with TV and online outputs.
Essential skills and experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in the development sector
• Good general knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of using media for development
• Strong decision-making and organisational skills - able to schedule and prioritise people, resources and activities to meet operational deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English
• Computer skills including with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit a CV with an introduction letter detailing skills and outlining what they can bring to the job. Please do not include certificates. Send to: BBC Media Action, #296 (4th - 7th floor), St. 271, Sangkat Toul Tompung II, Khan Chamkarmorn, P.O. Box 155, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: 023 997 435.
Only short-listed candidates will be called to attend an interview. Closing Date: 18thJuly 2014. The BBC is an equal opportunities employer.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday threatened to unleash war on the opposition party if he loses patience with their campaign for the June 4 commune