An exciting leadership opportunity to work with government, NGO partners, and communities, Partnering to Save Lives is looking for a highly motivated Cambodian national to fill in the position of Regional Manager based in Kratie with regular travel to Phnom Penh, Stung Treng, Mondulkiri and Ratanakiri provinces at least 50% of time.
The Role Purpose
The Partnering to Save Lives (PSL) Program is a multi-year partnership among three NGOs (CARE, Marie Stopes International Cambodia and Save the Children), the Cambodian Ministry of Health and the Australian Government to develop and implement a five-year program contributing to the implementation of Cambodia’s Fast Track Initiative Road map for Reducing Maternal and Newborn Mortality 2010-2015.PSL is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead program coordination and learning in the four northeastern provinces, based out of the Regional Office in Kratie province. The Regional Manager will be a key member of PSL’s Coordination and Learning Unit, which also has a national office in Phnom Penh.
Salary Range (USD): 1,230 - 2,290
• Regional PSL management and leadership
• Monitoring and evaluation and reporting of program activities in 4 provinces
• Financial management and operations of the Kratie Regional Office
• Coordination of partnership governance and processes; coordinate with government authorities and ensure alignment of PSL with government priorities and plans
• Networking, relationship building and external communication
• Administration, procurement and facilities management
• Minimum 5 years experience managing public health or development programs
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of RMNH challenges and opportunities in Cambodia, particularly in the northeast
• Demonstrated ability in engaging with government and managing external stakeholder relationships
• Leadership in joint project planning, budgeting and reporting; experience in overseeing monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated experience in team management and capacity building
• Fluency in Khmer; good written and spoken English
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 05:00PM on 27 December, 2013.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned..
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".