Strategic Marketing Division
The Post Media Supplement Department is looking for a full-time reporter/ sub-editor.
Applicants must have interest and ability in covering a broad range of topics including property, finance, business, ICT, education and lifestyle. Applicants must also have an understanding of the media business and be able to think of themselves as cross-media journalists who are cognisant of the commercial aspect of a newspaper.
1) Pitch stories, write and subedit for all supplements including but not limited to – Post Property, Post Weekend, Banking & Finance, Education, Information & Communication Technology, and Health & Wellness.
2) Meet clients and compose advertorials for the supplement and the main paper.
3) Brainstorming with the team on ideas for upcoming supplements.
4) Develop strong contacts as well as nurture close ties to maintain a flow of news in your specific area. Connections with key personalities and influencers is an added advantage.
5) Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media
6) Attending press conferences and a variety of other events, from launch parties or premieres to industry briefings.
7) Contribute towards production of all supplements.
8) Keeping track of social media and develop trends and issues monitored into stories
9) Uphold and maintain standards of the department.
10) Exercise high standards of accuracy, objectivity and timeliness
11) Adhere to editorial guidelines while writing and editing scripts
12) You will also be handling other duties as requested by your supervisor
Native English speaker
Initiative and keenness to uncover new ideas and stories
Respect and understanding of the local Khmer culture
Determination and confidence
Perseverance to see tasks through to the end
Excellent oral or written skills
Great interpersonal skills
Keen eye for detail
Local travel is required.
Send applications and writing samples to email@example.com
The Post visited the Lakhon Khol Youth of Cambodia dance group as they practised at the Royal University of Fine Arts in preparation for a performance on Sunday at Beltei International University.
Following last week's events, when Prime Minister Hun Sen proposed redistributing the Cambodia National Rescue Party’s National Assembly seats among minor opposition parties, the controversial amendments were passed a